Mini Mock Draft

Red

Now that we now know the order of the upcoming draft selections we can begin to predict which player will fall where. This short article will be for the top 3 picks and who I think they'll be.

1st Overall - Los Angeles:

LA to me is an interesting team to have at first overall. Having selected here just 2 seasons ago taking Pistil Stamen, LA should be fairly comfortable in this position. The reason there an interesting team to have here is there positional needs, they already have 3 star centers in there lineup meaning they do not need another. LA could use another top tier defensemen but personally I think they may go for a winger here assuming they don't trade there pick. With that in mind I think LA will select:

Spoiler

Duncan Idaho @OrbitingDeath

2nd Overall - HC Davos:

After a mid season fire sale Davos is looking to start a new era with full on rebuild. They need help in pretty much every position except for goaltending so common sense would indicate that they go for the best player possible. If LA avoids picking a center first overall I believe Davos will select the player who many believe should go first overall. This player would be:

Spoiler

Paul Atreides @Mr_Hatter

3rd Overall - London:

London I think is as interesting as LA since they are a very good team on paper. Whoever is picked in this position will have a lot of competition for ice time in the upcoming season. London have very good center depth and a strong defense. The one glaring weakness I see is in net but they are not picking a goalie 3rd overall. In my mind I can see London going two ways, they can select a winger at this position or they can select a center and play them on the wing. This is all assuming London doesn't go into a rebuild and blow up the team before the draft. Saying this I think London will go with:

Spoiler

Asher Reinhart @rjfryman

I say this because I think the TPE gap between the next available wing and Reinhart is big enough to justify taking on another center.

The next couple picks I'll cover in a later in another article.

Edited by RedSus