RavenSkill Development Feature Article #4: The Outstanding Breakout Season of Chris Reynolds

cE0g5ip0HZhqgxZx0mCtxUrZra0RESo-dWXOt3NN99GH8wbeJNYmX2RI6xgP1v5BEKlNXVG6I5SkMPSUxajlGH4ipewmMxI47yda3SpiRaZZqZ8jqvsY4ckZII6h5KjTYyO-ns0w

The Outstanding Breakout Season of Chris Reynolds: 

Presented By Lucas Tallinder

The Warsaw Predators have had a breakout season of sorts, going from a first round exit in S75 to a finalist for the Continental Cup this time around. There is no doubt that this team is built to succeed from top to bottom, and the contributions across the board are what makes this team so special. It is especially important to recognize these efforts from each and every player, and today we are doing just that. RavenSkill Development’s very own Chris Reynolds @Crstats23 has played a huge part in the uprising of the Predators with a breakout sophomore season for the ages, and we are here to look further into it.

Production

If there is one way to quantify the improvements of a player like Reynolds, it is with points. The American winger more than doubled his 34 point campaign in S75, accumulating an astounding 73 points this season. His 35 goals were tied with Uhtred for 2nd on Warsaw, and his 7 game-winning goals led the team. With this being only his second season, it’s apparent that he is only scratching the surface, and his TPE earning would suggest this as well.

YJAwozly-SyjCKUuCRA9Q6ycHyZVUwnbaXdrXVfP4cy-SDLt1Fbv-eLG4XhcOMlERFaxbzq5iPlCLh4jBB4qDxUL5B57ZEhO72svfvoAMaYf86NwZlPcxF3Hx1mokQK52T22RwrV

As you can see, the trendline in this graph displays the slight rise in TPE earning per week over Reynolds career, but more importantly, the graph shows his consistency. Only twice has he gone below 10 TPE in any given week, and one of them was his very first week after creating. This consistency will surely lead to favourable results, even beyond those that we have witnessed so far.

Build

Obviously all of this TPE is going somewhere, right? As it turns out, Reynolds had already honed his shot and defensive skills, which are usually the biggest factors toward on-ice production. What he did from S75 to S76 was refine his skating and puckhandling, which has allowed him to become a much more complete and poised player. He also had minor improvements in his defensive awareness, but this was not as notable as the two aforementioned attributes.

From the end of the S75 playoffs to now, here is how Chris Reynolds’ build has changed:

CK

FG

DI

SK

ST

PH

FO

PA

SC

DF

PS

EX

LD

CK

FG

DI

SK

ST

PH

FO

PA

SC

DF

PS

EX

LD

Conclusion

As mentioned before, this is only a player who is getting started. We are extremely proud at RavenSkill Development to call Chris Reynolds one of our clients, and we hope S77 will include even more success for him.

I can chip in here as well and say that Chris was one of the most dedicated players on Las Vegas as well. His commitment to being one of the best players on the team inspired others, and the results showed on the ice. I've been thrilled to watch his development ever since I drafted him to Vegas, and I'm not surprised that his work is paying off at the next level. I'm proud to call Chris a Las Vegas alumnus, and I hope more players end up like him!