Tessier's Thoughts on the New Season and the GM "War"

KC15

Alternate Captain Luc Tessier was approached after the game by ace reporter, Jacques Martin, who asked Tessier how he felt his rookie season has been going with the San Diego Marlins. Tessier had this to say,

I feel ok about the beginning of the season. I mean, I’m thrilled to have made a VHLM squad as it’s a huge step up for me in my hockey career. And I’m delighted we have started in a way that would put us in the playoffs if the season were somehow to inexplicably end at 15 games.

But I can’t get too over the moon for a 6-7-2 record. We believe we are better than a sub .500 record and are just not yet playing like it. I think it’s mostly to do with team chemistry. We have a lot of new players on the team, including me, and it takes time to gel with your linemates and the different defensive pairings that can be on the ice at any one time with you.

Big shout out to my line mates Nicholas Mariani @Mistxh J and Aldwin Craig @Eldredman. These are two talented wingers and it is an honor to be centering their line. If I can up my FO win percentage from 54.73%, we might have a lot more scoring opportunities for these two.

Yeah, I think if we are playing nearly .500 hockey in the early going, as we come into our own as a team, I think we can make a real push.

Personally, I’m pleased with my start. I was worried I might be a little out of my depth here in the VHLM – especially after seeing the amazing talent that was on display in the recent dispersal draft – but I’m at exactly a point per game right now which is where I think the team needs me to be in order for us to be competitive. I’m particularly please with my +/- of +4. I know this is a stat that D-guys are always looking at, but I think it’s equally important for forwards. Doesn’t matter how many goals you score if you allow opposing forwards to score as many or more, you haven’t done your job.

Jacques Cartier then asked about the recent public back and forth between the GMs for the Marlins and Rush.

Yeah, I don’t really know what to make of that. I can’t tell if they are best friends from college ribbing each other or if there really is no love lost. And you know what – it’s not really my business. As an alt captain of this team, my job is to keep the team’s focus on the ice and make sure that we are giving it our best effort every night.

I know @thadthrasher has been nothing but straight with me and I don’t even know @Juice, but I don’t really care about who gets a pie in the face. I do care about this team performing to its potential. I care about us beating whoever we have to to earn a playoff spot. I care about going deep in those playoffs and if the hockey gods smile, winning a Cup for the fans of San Diego.

Cartier thanked Tessier for his time and wished him well on the season.

Edited by KC15

On 3/29/2021 at 4:04 PM, Xflexz said:

The only issue I have with this is that A dark mode user like myself could bot read this very easily with the font color being what it is lol. Good job tho 9/10

I think I fixed it.  I'll have to watch that in future.  I just usually write in LibreOffice and then copy over.