Cody Lachance about his 2nd season.

Cody Glass - Elite Prospects

image.thumb.png.543e675c4865d7541511e583d3a86451.png

After getting picked in the 4th round in the lastest draft of the VHLM league, Cody has contributed to the recent success of the Houston Bulls since the begining of the season. However, the young player from Quebec City needs to play better on the other side of the ice. Despite having a decent offensive season so far with 24 points in 31 games, he needs to play better in defense, -16 isn't good for a 2nd center in the team. We contacted Cody Lachance via Microsoft Teams to get some informations and to know how he feels about this early season, and his expectations about the rest of this season. 

<< I like the team we have here in Houston, some would say we are overperforming right now and it's great. Unfortunately, my defensive game is very weak so far this season and I need to work on that. The average player is a good player in this league, it's not the Junior league where all you need is speed to perform. You gotta have a good IQ here to compete. Sometimes, I feel like I'm trying to do to much, playing with risk is making our team pay sometimes and I need to fix that problem. I think there is a learning curve in this league, but now I need to be better all-around, hockey isn't just about scoring and passing, you need to play defense to perform. Fortunately, I have a great coaching staff with me, they help me on every aspect of my game and I couldn't be happier to be in Houston right now at this stage of my career. >> 

We also asked Cody, what is like to play with players like Myers, Henchoz etc.

<< They are incredible player, they make my life much easier sometimes, we have a very decent squad with some good players. I feel like playing with this type of talent make the playmaking thing much easier. I'm learning a lot from these 2, they are great leaders and they sometimes lead by example with how good they play the game since the start of this season. I talk very often with Myers about my defense, and I need to work on that, he is a good example of how you need to play defense in this league, I'm learning a lot from him. >> 

<< I expect to have a better +/- at the end of the season, that's a personal objective for me, also I hope we make the playoffs. I think we have all the talent in the lockerroom to compete in the playoffs. We just need to find some constancy and we should be fine.  We have a very important stretch of game on our way, we need to make the most of it and play hard every night. Hopefully, I will play better on both side of the ice and we will win some important games, it's all about giving everything you have to get into the next level. Work hard pay hard, let's go Bulls >> 

We will keep a look at the rest of the season for Cody Lachance, hopefully his defensive games improve so he can help his team. 

9/10

Nice article! Structure makes the article easy to read, the stats at top is a cool touch and they also give the reader additional information. I liked your answers to the questions, especially the hockey IQ part and sometimes doing too much.  Overall, solid article!

Edited by jRuutu