Claimed:Keeler Drafted by New York

Kyle

Sam Keeler Perfect Fit in New York

david-backes1.jpg

Sam Keeler had fear that perhaps he would fall into the 2nd round in the Season 39 Entry Draft, luckily for him that didn't happen. What did happen, is that Keeler found his perfect fit in being drafted to the New York Americans. On New York, Keeler has the chance to continue to develop in the VHLM and when Season 40 roles around, still play for a competitive team and play a role in a team that has a window to compete for the Continental Cup for several more seasons. The main concerns with Keeler were that his work ethic and interest level in the game perhaps were not there, but on New York there's little doubt that Keeler will flop now. Keeler's agent, Vadim Volkov is familar with many of the other agents who represent players on New York. With such a familiar and friendly surrounding on the Americans, Keeler's passion will be in full force.

Although Keeler didn't have the most productive season by any means in the VHLM, Chris Miller had faith that he would still develop into an all around solid player who has the ability to contribute physically and statistically when he makes the big league roster. It's evident that Keeler is a project type player, but it looks as though at his current pace that the project could end up being a success. If Sam Keeler reaches the ceiling that was arguably the reason he was taken in the 1st round at all, New York could have the type of player that will play a huge role in their success for the coming seasons.

When asked about his thoughts on being drafted by the Americans, Keeler could not stop grinning ear to ear when answering the questions. You could tell that he was excited to be apart of an organization that he showed a lot of interest in before the draft.

david+backes+usa+010214.jpg

"In terms of how realistic it was going somewhere, New York was the clear #1 on my list of where I wanted to go. Obviously being drafted in general is an honor, but with my agent being familiar with so many of the agents in New York it just makes it really easy for me to adjust in that environment. I'm so excited to be an American and I'm going to be working towards the goal of a Continental Cup even when I am playing in Bern this year. My job is to become the best player I can for the organization. I think Bern is going to give me a great opportunity to showcase my talents to New York, I can't wait to get this season going." -Sam Keeler

For fans of the Americans, this is an exciting time for the franchise. With 3 1st round picks in one of the deepest drafts in memory and currently icing a young team which is a favorite to win the Continental Cup. It looks as though New York is posed to have another dominant run where they are consistent playoff threats year after year. If all 3 1st rounders for the Americans can pan out properly, it's hard to picture a scenario where New York isn't competing for 5+ more seasons.

Hear your the big goon in the VHLM this year guess we will see who comes out on top if our players ever go head to head in a fight. How'd u get drafted to the VHL already though if u just got drafted to the VHLM?

I made my player after the last VHLM draft and was picked up on waivers. Because of that I get drafted into the VHLM the following season.

I made my player after the last VHLM draft and was picked up on waivers. Because of that I get drafted into the VHLM the following season.

Ah okay didn't know that could happen. Well best of luck next year except against me that is ;):cheers: