Keeler Goes 14th Overall in VHLM Draft

Kyle

Sam Keeler Taken 14th Overall in VHLM Draft

130719_David+Backes.jpg

It's evident that Sam Keeler isn't a prospect who has shown anything special so far in his career. But 14th overall in the VHLM Dispersal Draft? Come on, perhaps I'm being bitter but in a world where my player is drafted below Toast's BRAND NEW player created that day (Sorry Toast) I think we need to reevaluate who is GM'ing these teams. Because that's just absurd, if people really believe that my player should've been drafted 14th than I will stop my complaining. But I just think something like that is extremely ridiculous and it's frustrating to me. Obviously the best way to get back at something like this is plugging away with Keeler to show that he is a top prospect and shouldn't have fallen lower than what his VHL Draft position was.

Fortunately, at 14th I was taken by the Bern Royals who look to be a competitive team with good members involved on the team. However, we do need a goalie in order to be a serious threat. With Keeler being drafted there at 14th, I'll make sure I do everything I possibly can that they will get their full value at that pick and much more.

Not much separated keeler from those taken at the end of the 1st round, but Bratislava (11) was looking for a long term project, Saskatoon (12) was looking for a defenseman (I think they had their forwards pretty much filled, not 100% sure off the top of my head), and turku needed a goalie.

If you remove the players taken because of positional needs, you would be in the first round. After the top 5, it wasn't a best player available draft but rather a roster spot filler.

You were the sixth best forward available.

Three goalies were taken ahead of you to teams NEEDING goalies

And three defensemen had their name called because of positional needs (except Richardson, who was drafted because he is amazing)

6 + 3 + 3 = 12th

Really, you dropped two spots in the draft. Stop complaining and prove all these GM's wrong.

If you remove the players taken because of positional needs, you would be in the first round. After the top 5, it wasn't a best player available draft but rather a roster spot filler.

You were the sixth best forward available.

Three goalies were taken ahead of you to teams NEEDING goalies

And three defensemen had their name called because of positional needs (except Richardson, who was drafted because he is amazing)

6 + 3 + 3 = 12th

Really, you dropped two spots in the draft. Stop complaining and prove all these GM's wrong.

Easy champ, just needed a topic to write about.

" I think we need to reevaluate who is GM'ing these teams. Because that's just absurd, if people really believe that my player should've been drafted 14th than I will stop my complaining."

I was merely alluding to this line in your post. The last line I wrote was meant to be encouraging. Like a slap on the butt.. not condescending whatsoever.

here, have a heart for my troubles <3 

Edited by .eQ