Lemieux speaks on Rush's moves + next season

hockeyis66

“Our GM has made a couple of great moves in trading a couple of our top players for other players that will come in and play next season for us and some draft picks.  This will set us up well next season to not only make the playoffs but also challenge for a league championship.  We are in a great drafting position with a lot of picks that will allow us to add some significant talent to the team.”

“It was definitely a tough go of things here lately for us but we kept our heads held high and continued to play some solid hockey even though we couldn’t get the wins we needed to keep ourselves in the playoff chase.  You always want to finish the season out strong no matter what and carry that momentum into the next season.”

“As for my game, little disappointed here in the past 20ish games or so cause I really thought I could have a good chance at a point per game this season but my goal scoring let me down and that 8% shooting percentage is something I will need to improve upon next season.  I am going to continue to skate and work hard during the off season to hopefully earn a spot on the top line next season.”