It's a FA Trap....FA Thightrap...this shit again??

Thightrap Hitting FA : Again?????

Back when I signed with Helsinki In FA I don’t think anyone questioned it for a second (well a few might have and that is because they were doing a really good job pitching to me making my choice hard, my hat off to those GMs). I tam trying to not sound to colloquial but everything just fit, I had my cup (from Vancouver) and I was hell bent on joining another successful team (because I want a few more) . Those of you who may not have known me from my last player Brick Wahl II, may not know why it was so important for me to join teams that actually had a shot at a cup. To put It bluntly I played my whole past career on middle of the road teams and regardless of the amazing people I got to play with, there was something missing from my experience. As a competitive person I wanted that test  of putting myself toe to toe with the best. I needed to prove I could stand out on a powerhouse team and having put in my time and loyalty with Brick, Venus has become my gun for hire.

I will start by admitting that my luck with Venus in the Sim has been much better. Somehow I won a cup with Vancouver within my first 3 seasons and have reached my personal goal of being a PPG for my career as of this season.  Now, you would think that that kind of start would have satisfied my itch for greatness; in fact, the cup alone was something that I hadn’t had the fortune of receiving in my whole last career. But as any successful , driven person can tell you, enough  is ever enough. Which brings me to why I signed with Helsinki in the first place. Was I that competitively hungry or was there more to it? After winning my cup and seeing that Vancouver destined to change, especially with their GM quitting ( and yes that makes it 2 GMs I have retired in this career alone) I was itching for someplace I could get that competitive edge that I swore I wouldn't stop looking for with this player  but  Helsinki also offered something I must admit I was starting to miss, Helsinki had that homey feeling. I admit my attachment to the team probably came from my times served being the AGM for Helsinki. I knew that LR very well, knew the GM style and lines i would be subject to while on the team and was excited to be part of that pattern of excellence.  No matter how much I loved all the players it was very important to me that i was not just falling back into old patterns at the time, because I could have easily signed for many players and GMs into situations that would not have been ideal for me as a user or player. I counted myself lucky that i didn't have to convince myself that I wasn't sinking into old habits, Helsinki is a very competitive team so it’s not like I chose to sacrifice my stats or goals for friendship, the truth was it was all wrapped up in one big package. I bet on what I knew was a sure thing, a well run LR, with a smart GM and amazing people.  It’s not like the other teams didn’t have the same things to offer, hell Seattle really could have won me another cup. Even in hindsight knowing what i do  and wanting V to be the best she can, I would not have chosen any differently. Any one who would say that that is crazy, is disregarding the amazing season we had in Helsinki and the  extraordinary people in that organization.  The fact remains,  that my memories I built this season with this team have reminded me of the value beyond in sim excellence, and i do not regret a single second of this season with this team . I consider myself so lucky to have played for my first ever VHLM GM in his last season of VHL GMing. I think we all have to admit  that there is something poetic about the stories we write here with the friends we make through this simple game.  There is something fitting about honoring one of the people that gave me my start by being with him in his last GM hurrah.

That all being said this leaves be back where I was only a season ago, a FA after only signing a one-year contract with the Titans. A fresh gun for hire yet again facing a difficult choice as she head into the off season. At this point there is no clear-cut path for Thightrap. No doubt last FA period has burned some of my bridges and I’ll say it from the get go I’ll be surprised to have more than a handful of offers. Having had a taste of whhat i call a dream situation in Helsinki where I could both compete and feel comfortable, I wonder if i can again find a similar arrangement that will satisfy both. To put it plainly this FA period V is looking once again for a competitive team with a ride or die attitude. Thank you to the titans for an amazing season and whoever takes over I’ll look forward to talking with you about my player.

Let this be a reminder to us all that the winds of change strike unexpectedly in the VHL and that we are all susceptible to their wrath.

My best wishes to @Jubo  you are one hell of a GM and Friend. Thank you for my prefect season.

Edited by BladeMaiden