Matti Takala's Draft.

MOOSE_

Rising prospect Matti Takala had the privilege of having his name called at the VHL entry draft the other week, with the Moscow Menace selecting Takala with the 30th pick of the draft. Takala was more than pleased to join Moscow with their incredible growing young core and numerous other prospects.

“The interview that Moscow gave me was something different. I felt it instantly, a connection with the organisation. That is no disrespect to the other organisations that interviewed me, but I felt certain about Moscow.”

Takala further spoke on falling down the draft list, from a potential first round pick to a late second.

“Yeah, it was tough. I had a lot of things get in the way of my growth recently. It’s all clear now and I intend to give Moscow and whatever VHLM team that drafts me today my 100% effort. I want to make an impact and I want to drive for post-season.”

The more we speak with Takala, the more it becomes evident that the words ‘ambition’ and ‘steadfast’ should become synonymous with the Finnish prospect. Nevertheless, Takala seems to be getting back on track to grow at his previously fervent pace. This is definitely a good sign for the young right-winger.