will new york crack the playoffs in s78?

Jubis

Can the New York Americans make the playoffs in S78 ? 

Winning Brian Cox GIF by SuccessionHBO

Halfway through S77 They looked poised to easily make the playoffs. They were at one point the 3rd spot team in the North American  conference.  As the 2nd half of the season approached the wins became difficult to collect. The team added veteran defensemen Kosmo Kramerev but it wasn't enough. The Americans continued a funk they couldn't break and they plummeted in the standings. 

Looking ahead now to the upcoming season.  There are reasons to be pumped up and the idea of a nice playoff run could be very realistic.

New York's first big off season move was bringing in the  beast of a defenseman Latrell Mitchell.  Mitchell is currently sitting at almost 900 tpa.  He has scored 20+ goals in each of his last 3 seasons. He also has averaged over 60 assists per season over that same time.  Adding Mitchell alone could change a teams direction. The Americans however also added LW Ryan Schwartz via free agency.  This addition is also huge as Schwarz  is a 750 tpa player.  New York should not be underestimated.  They have their younger players only getting better and with the additions of Mitchell , Kramerev and Schwarz, they could be dangerous.  I expect New York to surprise opponents and fly into the playoffs ! 

Lets get this season going !! 

Edited by Jubis
butchered some spelling 🤣

Just now, Enorama said:

Misspelling my name two different ways :( 

I'm watching the bruins game while banging this out lol maybe not the best time to do this