Offseason and a new home

PadStack

What can I say, we had our draft last night. I ended up going 20th overall to Halifax, a team where my only previous interaction has been accepting a contract they offered me last season as a Free Agent, only to find that they were unable to fulfil their side of the bargain by the time I was able to talk about the contract with my agent.
It's understandable I suppose, there's a time delay and I'm not very good with new technology and missed any notifications I may have gotten.
I ended up signing with Houston, and let me tell you, I loved the city. Success on the ice wasn't super, we lost out in the first round, but I got my first taste.
Leading up to the draft I was intrigued by where I would land. I figured there was a good chance I'd me moving out of my apartment, but I thought for sure I would have a conversation with my future team. I had a few very exciting conversations with several teams, but Halifax was not one of them.
Color me surprised when I heard my name called on the TV. I had no engagement with them aside from that FA offer. Interesting strategy to say the least, but I'm willing to give my new home a shot and see what we can achieve.