Sales Improving

It seems just like yesterday that an eager, not so young, goalie made his way into the VHL. The goaler, many moons ago, was known as Michael Scoot and was the Regional Manager of a small paper company near Scranton, PA. However, as we all know, life got hard, bad decisions were made, and Michael Scott ended up in prison. It was here that he was nicknamed Prison Mike, and it was here where Scott learned to love the game of hockey.

After learning the game in the clink, practicing to be a goalie, Scott was released. This release came with not just a new life, but a new identity. Scott legally changed his name to Thadius Sales and he began his goaltending career in the VHLM with the Halifax 21st during the tail end of S74.

Immediately upon entry, Sales made his name known around the league. He was a sought after goaltender, not because he was the best, but because he was willing to put in the work to be the best. However, the fruits of his labor seem to be coming rather slowly. The work and determination hasn’t slowed down, but Sales seemed to be disappointed at the end of S77 while playing for the New York Americans.

“You know, I ended the season with more losses than wins, a SV% that was mediocre, and a GAA that was borderline embarrassing. I know our team can be stronger, and it’s always frustrating being the goalie. But, I know there is more that I can do to help, to be better, and that’s what I’m going to focus on. There’s no need to point fingers at anyone else in our locker room. Remember, when you point your finger at someone there are three other fingers pointing right back at you.”

While Sales was certainly disappointed in his performance at the ends of S77, S78 will hopefully be a turn around point for him. It seems that the New York Americans are growing in chemistry, and the young team is finally starting to grow into one another as a team. Sales, starting in 12 games so far, is certainly helping his team. He has an 8-4 W/L record so far, a SV% of .929% and a GAA of 3.2. While those numbers aren’t the greatest, and Sales would certainly love to see them improve, he does have the 7th best SV% in the league thus far, and 13th best GAA as well. Again, these aren’t impressive numbers by any means, but given the season has only just begun there is hope Sales will continue to improve.

While it’s a nice stat padder for goalers, the New York Americans could certainly help Sales out by stopping more shot opportunities. Sales, as of today, has the second highest Shots Against number at 548. While he is doing great at stopping most of these, the less shots on goal the less chance for goals. It’s safe to say that Sales is on his way to being a goalie that every team will fear facing, but he’s not quite there yet. Soon, but not yet.

---

522 words. Claiming week ending 30 May

Edited by thadthrasher

2 minutes ago, JigglyGumballs said:

Why did I think the title was business related? Like for a second I thought you were gonna talk about the 20% increase in revenue compared to the last fiscal year or something.  :kekw:

I did too, but while it was loading I thought "Thad".