This is the end

jRuutu

featured_165-770x600.jpg

Conference finals, game six, Prague vs Warsaw. Prague was down 3-2 before game six, so we had to win the game in order to force the series into game seven. Unfortunately, Warsaw was better, they won the game 6-4. Warsaw continues to the finals. Prague is forced to start the off-season.

It's a shame that we could not make it to the finals. Prague had a solid team with a real hunger to win it all. It's a shame that I could not play better in game six. I had six shots, but I also got my ass kicked as I lost a fight. I also had -2 in the +/- total, so it will take some time to get over this game. Not only because I played poorly, but because this was the last time I, Jim Bob, will play in VHL. I'm now officially retired. I had a nice run. I started in  Helsinki, then moved to Seattle where I won one championship, and now I retire in beautiful Prague.

I played 576 regular-season games, 221 goals and 294 assists, 515 points. I'm pretty happy with those totals. Especially the amount of goals I managed to score is a bit of a surprise. When I joined Helsinki, I was known as more of a playmaker, but over the years I was able to improve as a player. I had 2061 hits with 1216 penalty minutes, I also had 203 blocked shots. I retire as a player who could do a little bit of everything.

The statistics that I'm the proudest of are my playoff numbers. 67 games in the playoffs, 36 goals and 44 assists, 80 points. Not a surprise to see that I kept playing physically in the playoffs as well. 276 hits and 157 penalty minutes. What is the key to such numbers?  I was lucky enough to play in solid teams, year after year. I made the playoffs in seven different seasons. Some years the fun was over before it truly even started, but what is nice to see is the fact that when I reached my so-called peak as a player, I was able to play in teams that made nice runs in the playoffs. During the last three seasons, I played 36 playoff games. That is what you want as a player in your peak seasons, you want to have that chance to win something big.

the-small-paradise-nikos.jpg

As mentioned, my VHL career is now over. I don't know what the future will hold. Right now, I'm still in Prague. I like the city and the people here. Beautiful place. I was thinking about playing in Europe for a while. I think I could still play on a solid level for few more years. I don't have any injuries or anything like that will dramatically slow me down. Some Czech teams have already contacted my agent, but I need to think about it.

Next few weeks, I will just relax and take a vacation somewhere warm. Perhaps I will keep on playing, perhaps I will not. Time will tell.

Have to say im impressed. This ones grammarly fine, no errors to be seen - love the pictures you provide and in general this is well done. 

One thing I really enjoy is your formatting, the sentences arent so long and are put out nicely.

8/10

9/10, was a super easy read, it all made sense and your punctuation is good. Pictures related well to the writing and were cool to look at. Great formatting. like stated above, sentences were short and sweet but still interesting and did not cause me to wander my eyes around ahhaa.  It was cool to retire  and play with you! good luck on next player!