Gustav disappears

Berocka

Davos, Switzerland

Victory Hockey League In Shock!

The world was shocked today when Jerry Garcia from the HC Davos Dynamo stated that they would like to announce his Retirement. This is an unprecedented statement from a sports manager of any kind, much less a manager of Jerry Garcia's renown. When asked for comment, Jerry Garcia had this to say: "I am leaving this disgusting waste of a league. They think that expanding into Europe is what is needed Davos needs more attention we need some governor intervention to bring star players here. I am quitting and Berocka is in charge.”

Backlash against this statement is quite understandable. Tomothy Berocka of the HC Davos Dynamo says “Umm, what has happened. I haven't really been paying attention. Oh he left that is okay. No I will not make the step up into the role” and continues to say "Yeah look that isn't happening I can't be the manager of this club.” The reason they feel this way is reasonable, as the comments made by Jerry Garcia are somewhat at odds with the rest of the Victory Hockey League. 

Jerry Garcia isn’t without his supporters, however. The Muffin Man of the Warsaw Predators is one of their most prominent supporters, and has even gone as far as joining Jerry Garcia on stage at a recent press conference to defend them. “Yeah look I can see where he is coming from I am out as well.” says The Muffin Man. “If we didn't win this season I would appreciate some Governor intervention also.” 

This kind of statement is the type that will continue to draw attention to Jerry Garcia. They’re already quite the high-profile person on HC Davos Dynamo, and there are those that would say no publicity is bad publicity. 

However, these comments have received their fair share of backlash from even the higher-ups in the Victory Hockey League community. One of the highest profile dissenters of the Board of Governors, Quik, had this to say about the comments: “We are looking for a few new GMs due to the previous ones being incompetent at their jobs they did not step down they were fired.”

Jerry Garcia responded by saying “I understand why they had to react this way. I really do. But I think he missed the broader context of what I said. When I say I am leaving, I say it for the betterment of the entire Victory Hockey League and to call attention to the growing dissatisfaction that is addressed in what I said. Quik would do well to remember that.”

Going against someone as powerful as Quik could be a big mistake for Jerry Garcia, but, if what they say is true, Jerry Garcia sees themselves as a General Manager and a Trend Setter. Sometimes these movements gain traction, but more often than not, they fizzle out. We have no doubt that Jerry Garcia has the best of intentions, but the way that they’ve chosen to express it has certainly ruffled some feathers. 

If Jerry Garcia wasn’t as skilled as they are, they might not have chosen to speak up the way that they have. But, as it is, the Victory Hockey League may not be able to tolerate one of it’s brightest stars speaking up in this manner. Punishment may not be far behind. We will keep you posted as this story develops. 

Edited by Berocka