My experience of joining the VHL and other leagues I’ve joined pt.2

N0HBDY

Well folks after writing the article about all the leagues that I've been apart of I then remembered that I had left one out. Now I have been bugged by some certain people to write more about league related stuff, and tbf I will, just not right now :kekw:

But the league that I had left out of that article was a league called HSL, that's pretty much the name, I have no clue what is stands for since their discord is their only representation of their league and it also just says HSL, so everyone meet the HSL. It is a Zen GM Hockey hockey league and used to just be all of the NHL teams but now they've rebranded kind of into about 10 "original" teams, I didn't care to check the logos originality. Now I've also heard some stuff about Zen GM leagues and how they don't really have the best reputation. For this being my first league of this type I must say I don't think it gets the reputation it deserves. Zen GM seems like a really great tool, but it's just used commonly by leagues that bust after about a month or a little under a year.

Anyways I should get more onto the actual league itself. As I said before it's ran on Zen GM with 10 teams. I was originally apart of the 32 team league they were (New York Islanders) and I made the playoffs for the 2ish seasons I was there by pretty much straight luck in my opinion. Now it's not like I don't have a passion for GM type games but I didn't have the time to just keep up with this league. Each full season lasted about 2 weeks, I didn't have to time even during my summer break to analyze the things I needed to and help create a strategy. In the end I just really left the team on Auto-pilot, I never made trades, never did resigns, was never there for the draft. But in all the league ran way to fast for me, I went afk basically, and was bailed out by the league announcing that they were remodeling and downgrading.

The people who run it and who are apart of that community are great people and super friendly, and of course there were some GM's who actually kept up and were competitive throughout it all and honestly props to them because that was a difficult thing to do. Then I just didn't really have the heart to tell their small little league that was still developing that I was giving up on it. Once they told my I was relieved of my duties, I told them thanks, and they asked if I was interested in the opportunity to possibly become a new GM, I of course could not go through that again, because the league still runs at the same pace now as it did before, and I kindly declined. They told me thanks anyways and said that I could stick around and you know what I didn't see the harm in it so if it's just that one discord channel I have but don't check very often, I'm fine with that.

Anyways have a good day

557 words

Edited by N0HBDY