A boy from Zeeland and shooting

Thunfish

Guide:

Black bold lines are from Sunrise.

Green bold lines are from Sunrise's Spanish teacher and new friend, Luz.

Sunrise left the arena on his own pace, before being stopped right on his tracks from the yells of a familiar voice. "Hey, Sunrise!"

The blonde turned around, finding his Spanish language teacher Luz, decked in proper Mexico City Kings' fan apparel with a large smile on her face. It helped the team had beaten the Ottawa Lynx by a large margin and he himself had a field day against the Canadian team. "Ah, Luz. Thought I'd find you at home again somehow." The Mexican girl grinned, nodding. "Had that in mind but since I've seen you already, think we could go together to your place, right?" By now, he was starting to get a tad curious as to why she was showing up that often on his place. "...Is your dad OK with that? I mean... you show up pretty often, next thing I know, you got a..."

He noticed the girl carrying a suitcase, blinking. "...suitcase to bring your stuff in." He rose an eyebrow, examining it while the girl seemed a bit stressed. "F-Father says it's fine, come on." She walked past him, suitcase and all, towards the waiting car. "C'mon! I wanna talk about how you did tonight." Sunrise mulled over his thoughts before simply shrugging and following her, sitting by her side on the car that was to take them to his home.

"Man, you played like crazy tonight!" Luz said with a large smile on her face, gesturing with her hands over every word that left her mouth. "You hit all sorts of shots, I'm amazed you only got like four goals in, you could totally get way more than that!" The Dutch one simply shrugged, letting out a chuckle or two as he formed his answer, "Might've scored more but their goalkeepers had other ideas, I guess. Can't really blame them, can you?"

Luz only laughed more before looking him straight on his face. "Uh... may I ask? What's your secret? You've been having a really good time this season, what changed?" Sunrise looked a bit skeptically at her, a smirk forming on the corner of his mouth. "And here I thought you would claim it to be your influence." The two laughed. "Alright, I shall explain it. So, as you may remember, I lived in a farm when I was back home and that's where I stayed during vacations. Figured I'd get some practice in and then dad said he had a couple of cabbage heads that could use some smacking around."

Silence. "...You practiced with cabbage?" The reply came with a chuckle. "Well, frozen lettuce heads. Dad forgot them on the washing pond and they froze up just before I arrived." The blonde sighed, shaking his head. "Hitting them about was a 'more fun' way to get out the ice bits and I guess using it for aim at the farm's old improvised soccer goal bars did the deed." Luz blinked while Sunrise proudly added, "And now you know how you score in hockey. Just pretend it's a cabbage."

Review:

Very original spot. Although I want to know more about the relationship now between Sunrise and Luz. Consider turning this into a series! If you've already done that, then AMAZING! You're ahead of me, but then I would suggest linking past series posts to the latest episode too! Constructively, A Main Title and an Image would have shored up the presentation, but I love the Legend. That allows the reader to read the conversation more fluidly. Fun spot @Thunfish :cheers: 9/10