Sigard Petrenko's Presser

1-How was your first season in a VHLM team? Were there some challenges that you had to face?

2-Who was your favourite player growing up?

3- Were you inspire by an NHL player to build your player Sigard Petrenko?

On 8/30/2021 at 7:24 AM, Otto Numminen said:

1-How was your first season in a VHLM team? Were there some challenges that you had to face?

2-Who was your favourite player growing up?

3- Were you inspire by an NHL player to build your player Sigard Petrenko?

1. Well, it was actually my second season. There were some challenges, like realizing that my build was more of a hitting build over a scoring build but it just gave me a new role that I think might actually be good for me defensively.

2. It would definitely have to be Miikka Kiprusoff. This guy can make saves when needed to and is in my opinion, the best Calgary Flames goaltender of all time over Mike Vernon (I love Verny too though.)

3. Funnily enough, not actually an NHL player but a VHL player. Sigard Gunnar and I were great friends and so we decided to borrow an aspect from each other's name in our next players. My player was Jacques Lafontaine so he called his player J.L. Gunnar while I am now Sigard Petrenko.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2021 at 12:33 PM, animal74 said:

4. What do you think is the most underrated part of your game?

5. Where do you see yourself next season, with Seattle or the VHLE?

6. How do you prepare for a playoff game?

If I had to choose an underrated aspect of my game, I'd probably say my scoring ability. I'm not saying I'm a superstar scorer who can lead the team in goals and fill the net but sometimes I feel my physicality overshadows my scoring game.

I see myself with Seattle. The VHLE is exciting and I may consider joining it in the future but my goal has been to play with Seattle and to see how I do with Seattle ever since they drafted me. They are a great team and I am hoping to learn a lot from my teammates, coaches, and all the other people in the Bears organization. Great group of guys so far, can't wait to see how I can fit in.

For the playoffs, I like to ride the training bikes before games and allow myself to clear my mind. I find it easier to calm down while biking. Strangely enough, it's easier for me to calm down if I'm moving rather than staying still. I'm assuming it's because I get less distracted by my thoughts and small details I might notice around the room.

• 2 weeks later...

1. How important is it for you to find a spot on the ice in Seattle this coming year?

2. Are you excited to be apart of Seattle's organization? 

3. Where do you see yourself in 5 seasons? Do you think you can be a top player in the league or do you hope to just be a roleplayer?

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/28/2021 at 7:52 PM, FireballSalad said:

1. How important is it for you to find a spot on the ice in Seattle this coming year?

2. Are you excited to be apart of Seattle's organization? 

3. Where do you see yourself in 5 seasons? Do you think you can be a top player in the league or do you hope to just be a roleplayer?

1. Very important. I mean, being a first round pick and being given big expectations, I am trying my best to stay in the VHL.

2. Definitely. Both as a player and as a member, I have had close ties with Seattle. Especially with the Seattle-Calgary rivalry as a Calgary goaltender.

3. I hope to be a top player but I see myself being a roleplayer. A two-way checking power forward.