Are the top 3 picks locked already?

MetalToday

It is already known that it is going to be a crazy year for rookies, you just need to view the list and see that many deep players are maxing their caps and check out how they are playing in the minors then you will understand the beasts in this draft. However, we may have a consensus top 3 already:

Nico Pearce is currently projected to go 1st overall and is maxing out his capped points every week, this left winger had a crazy first year starring in only 10 games but got 6 goals and 14 points in those. This season he stepped up his game and has played 17 games with 21 goals and 38 points. He is expected to be a stud in the upcoming season, but he can work on his passing, however this sniper is in a good position to take the 1st overall spot. Not much more to ask other than do you want potentially a franchise winger?

Harkat Mulds is a beast of a center expected to go number 2 overall. He isn’t too far behind Nico Pearce’s 1st overall spot, but as a top center there is a chance that the first picking team decides they need an elite center role that can potentially be used anywhere on the ice. It will be a close ride for Harkat but starting last season with 9 games 3 goals and 7 points, it was nothing to frown at. This season he has been more of a beast collecting 15 goals and 44 points in 17 games. Some managers may see that his progression has been huge and may even consider taking this quickly improving players above any others. Some criticize that the team he is on is causing an inflation of points, however he is a big part of that success. Something he should likely work on is his faceoffs, it is decent but can be improved upon as a center.

Zaza Colors is the current consensus 3rd overall ranked prospect. He is a good right winger constantly maxing his cap every week, as active as a person can be and it is shown on the ice with 7 goals and 14 points in 17 games the past season, however he has improved quickly one upped those numbers with this season 19 goals and 39 points in 17 games. Some will point out that both Zara Colors (3rd) and Harkat Mulds (2nd) are both Yukon teammates and their stock is too high, yet they push each other, if they stay confident and help each other improve every day they can be big players in the upcoming draft. It is noticed that his passing is not up to par with some of the expectations around the league.

Although there are more good prospects outside of the top 3, the expectation is that these 3 players will lock up these 3 spots. As other active and notable players that will rise, and are currently on the rise, they will likely not reach these three beasts and are literally from out of this planet from how they have been playing and taking over training. But hey, I have been wrong time and time again, this is much too early to predict if even these 3 players stay in the top 3, especially how deep this draft has with active players maxing their caps. What do you think?

Review: 9/10

Good article! As somebody in the Titans system I've definitely been watching the top of the draft closely, and I definitely agree that these three have set themselves apart. My question is that all three are GMs of teams that might not be at the top of the draft, and will they want to play for teams that aren't their own? For the article itself, it was straightforward and organized well. I really appreciated the bolding of the names as well, though I wouldn't have minded a picture or headline, something else to spruce up the presentation. The other thing I'd note from the editor in me: Watch out for run-on sentences. Something like "He is expected to be a stud in the upcoming season, but he can work on his passing, however this sniper is in a good position to take the 1st overall spot." doesn't read that well and could be a split up. A few of those in this piece.