Markinson Commits to Another Three Years

STZ

Moscow, Russia.

Moscow Menace GM, Euron Leonidas, didn't waste any time in re-signing former 2nd overall draft pick, Hard Markinson to an extension. The former Rookie of the Year has earned his way onto the top defensive pairing in Moscow, and has already proven to be one of the most complete two-way defensemen in the VHL, while still on his entry level contract. Markinson is out to a very good start this season as he is on a point per game pace, and has been exceptional on both sides of the puck.

The Menace have finally broken out as a team who everyone always knew had potential, but are now playing like a real contender. They are first in the European Conference after passing the Malmo Nighthawks last sim. They also have been putting up huge offensive numbers, as they even have one more goal than Malmo, who set a franchise record for goals for last season - and even made VHL History with some of the highest offensive numbers in recent memory.

"I believe in the core group of players, and Euron and I are on the same page when it comes to my development and my role on this team. I'm happy to sign for another three years and hopefully bring a cup to Russia in that time," Markinson said to reporters. Moscow looks to be a favorite for the Continental Cup this year as Duncan Idaho has turned into an elite talent putting up huge offensive numbers and also showing a physical presence all over the ice. Moscow takes on the Seattle Bears and Riga Reign in their next match-ups as they try and stay first place in the EU.