VHL likes and a concern

WildfireMicro

Hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here to discuss my current thoughts and a few concerns about the VHL. Basically I've been in the VHL for a while now and I have had a while to think about what I do and do not like about the VHL overall and I want to talk to you about them. I do like the VHL overall and it is the only article based league that I am currently in and active in. This league has been good to me but I still do have some things to say so without any further ado let's begin!

One thing I really like about this league is how casual it feels overall. There are no game threads where a presenter tries to add tons of drama into. I love the straight to the point sim results you get. You learn who's won a game with a few clicks of a mouse along with the basic stats. You get everything you want real quick as soon as the results are posted and I really like that. I can't really explain it, but it seems to put less pressure on me.

I do not like game threads of the EFL and SBA at all. Especially since you have to post on the threads at least once or twice to max earn. The added drama that presenters try to add puts pressure and stress on me because I have to wait to see the results. If you like the game threads I will not diss you for that. However I hope you understand why I do not personally. If the games are not presented through a stream that shows gameplay, just post the results and stats so we can move on with our busy days.

Another thing I like about the league, and this might sound a bit odd but hear me out, is the reputation system. You can react to every post to give reputation and I can keep track of how many people do like my articles and give them some appreciation. Yes I know nice comments can do the same thing in a way, but the number is a good reminder of how much I contribute to the league. It may seem superficial but I really like it personally. I just need the reminder sometimes.

But there are some concerns I have to share or just one that I have noticed recently. Basically I wish the Discord locker rooms were more active overall. The Philadelphia Reapers locker room was really active overall and had ways to encourage activity with the Reaper Key and various awards. The Ottawa Lynx locker was the same way. But I do wish there was more activity and talking in the locker rooms and yes, I do know that it is also my responsibility to help them be so. I need to talk more in the VHL locker rooms as well.

Well that is all from me and I really hope you enjoyed this article. Thank you for reading and I hope to see you all on the ice!

1 hour ago, WildfireMicro said:

But there are some concerns I have to share or just one that I have noticed recently. Basically I wish the Discord locker rooms were more active overall. The Philadelphia Reapers locker room was really active overall and had ways to encourage activity with the Reaper Key and various awards. The Ottawa Lynx locker was the same way. But I do wish there was more activity and talking in the locker rooms and yes, I do know that it is also my responsibility to help them be so. I need to talk more in the VHL locker rooms as well.

yeah one of the big things ive noticed between vhl and like shl/isfl/pbe is that individual locker rooms in the VHL are much less active, but the VHL general discord is much more active compared to those leagues.

5 minutes ago, Nykonax said:

yeah one of the big things ive noticed between vhl and like shl/isfl/pbe is that individual locker rooms in the VHL are much less active, but the VHL general discord is much more active compared to those leagues.

What are the SHL/ISFL/PBE?