The Highest TPE Rookie Ever?

CowboyinAmerica

:hel:

550 TPE before playing a game? Believe it

Helsinki, Finland -- Fairly often, there are rookies that come in with high TPE totals. In the S80 Draft, there were a few - in particular, forwards Matty Ice and Vinny Detroit, and goalie Xavier Booberry topped the TPE charts at the time of the draft. But while Ice and Detroit went and played for their respective VHL squads, as top picks had done for 80 seasons before then, Booberry took a different path: playing a season in the VHLE and winning a title with the Vasteras Iron Eagles.

The result is that Booberry had another (sanctioned) way to gain TPE before ever seeing the VHL ice time. And given the constant rate of TPE earning over the past season, Booberry is about to top 550 TPE before his first VHL game. Thanks to the VHLE, that is, Booberry might be the highest-TPE VHL rookie ever, since previous top rookies had been forced to jump to the league after completing the VHLM in their draft year.

"I'm well-seasoned, that's for sure," Booberry joked with reporters. "Been left in the oven a tiny bit longer than other VHL rookies, but that just means I'll taste better, right?"

Indeed, even with that TPE, Booberry's Rookie of the Year candidacy is no sure bet. He'll be joined by a whole host of VHLE graduates who also had another year of growth before making the leap, including former Vasteras teammate and S80 draft classmate Saku Kotkakoivu, not far behind in TPE himself.

But either way, the likely very temporary VHL record is something Booberry's having fun with. "It's a bit weird, having so much practice time before actually playing in the VHL. But I've enjoyed my journey thus far, and excited to continue it here!"