Trade summary Nasherov -> CGY

Vat

November 17th, the day Gustislav Nasherov got traded from his beloved Helsinki to cup-hunting Calgary, i will go through what both sides got from this trade and who it really benefited the most.

Background:

Helsinki had been rebuilding for the past few seasons after Jubis left for his last season as the GM.  The new GM Razor made the decision to officially start the rebuild.  Old players were getting traded for 1st rounders and there was close to no one left, except.  1 rookie named Gustislav  Nasherov, being drafted the season before made him an unnoticeable player in the game.  As the seasons went on he became better and better, he was moving too fast for the rebuild and was too old for the team.  With the seasons following draft Helsinki was on their way to draft with 3 1st rounders, and Nasherov did not fit in with the new and younger team and needed a new home.  A more competitive home.  

Calgary Was in a strong position, with players who were ready to take the extra step in the playoffs and were without a doubt eyeing that cup.  The group with the quality players had one issue, not enough offensive players who knew what winning a cup was like.  Having that formula has 1 easy solution, a trade giving a forward for a more experienced forward.  But the main object was to find who to trade with.  Gustislav Nasherov was a perfect target, he was too old for the squad and was looking for a cup.  What more could calgary need?

Who initiated the trade? 

There are 2 solid answers to this question.  Mainly I think it was Calgary and Kricer.  Hunting for the cup and needing a forward who was in his later years makes sense that he initiated the trade.  It was just what he needed for a complete squad and Helsinki also needed to "get rid" of Nasherov.  Helsinki needed to "get rid" of Nasherov.

Helsinki needed out with Gustislav because of the tpe and age difference.  This leads to the theory that Helsinki GM Razor initiated the trade, he knew that Helsinki couldn't keep nasherov and began scouting for teams that could benefit of  having a player of his tpe and age, there he saw the team.  Calgary, they were going for the cup and Razor noticed they could use an older and more experienced  forward.  Proposing the idea to Ricer who was intrigued to be given a chance to unite with the most humble, awesome and handsome Gustislav Nasherov.  of course he would accept such a trade.

Who won the trade?

Calgary receives:

Gustislav Nasherov

S81 CGY 1st

S81 DAV 2nd

Helsinki receives:

Alex Johnston

S81 LAS 1st

S81 LAS 2nd

The trade looked like this and had most notably: a CGY first going to Calgary along with Nasherov in exchange for LAS first and Alex Johnston to Helsinki.

Like every trade, there are two sides of the coin, in this case both teams won in their own way.  

Helsinki got a younger forward who is going to enter his prime years when Helsinki prospects are ripe enough to start eyeing that cup, a leadership presence.  A player to look up to and a player Helsinki likely will have in their first line if they decide to keep him.  They also got LA's 1st round pick this year.  LA  looks to have established a position in the middle of the table and have the chance, although a small one to get a high pick next years draft.  From Helsinki's point of view this is a trade helping them with the rebuild and getting a player that could lead the team with their team spirit and knowledge.

Calgary Are looking for the cup and needed an older player who knew what it was like playing in the top lines and competing for cups,  Nasherov was a great fit for that in addition of Helsinki needing to "get rid" of an older player as Gustislav.   Calgary also got back their first round pick this year but as they most likely will finish in the top of the table it hold practically no use, could be used in a way to add a small sprinkle of trade value for a future trade if they feel the need to acquire someone else.   

:Side note, I am sick while writing this so I am in knowledge that is one of my worse media spots.  Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

9.75/10

Interesting read! The article has a clear structure. The background section offers exactly that - background to everything, it's well written. The second part features clear lies. Humble, handsome? 0.25 taken away from the final score. I like the analysis of the winner. The background color is not my favorite, but it does make the whole thing pop out. A picture would be nice as well. Nice work!