Offense clicking for Marlins in wins over Aces, Wild

Scurvy

San Diego Marlins have had some ups and downs in the start of the season, but their outlook is promising. With a 4-0 shutout win versus the deadly Saskatoon Wild in game 41 we saw the emergence of some great players finding their way.  Led by the deadly offensive duo of Christopher Young and phenom Nikita Eklund, and always reliable stud goaltender Dusty Wilson we saw this team of youngsters rise to the next level. 

Wilson stopped 19 of 19 shots in a stellar effort to earn his first shutout of the season and certainly not his last.  Undisciplined play saw the Saskatoon team in trouble with the often-deadly Marlins capitalizing, going 3 for 8 with the man advantage. Nikita Eklund found the net twice with a helper to go with it giving him three points on the night.  Tavis DeGroot led the defense with 8 hits and along with a young defensive core limited the Wild to just 19 shots.   

In a post-game interview with Marlins goalie, Dusty Wilson he said that team defense led his club to victory.  “We have had some rough games this year with glimpses of the type of team we can be.  Were all really close and tonight the team earned this shutout.” 

To cap the week off the Marlins played their division rival, Las Vegas Aces.  The Aces got the better the Marlins in their first meeting this year.  Game 46 showed the league just what the Marlins are capable of.  Again, led by an outstanding offensive output by Christopher Young with 5 points, Nikita Eklund with 6 points, and Johnny Xavier with 5 points the team dominated the deadly Las Vegas team that got into some penalty trouble and couldn’t recover their formidable offense.  

We caught up with team GM, JB123 who said he was happy with the way the team played tonight.  “The power play was working, and Johnny Xavier was excellent in the faceoff circle with 29/44. It’s the little things like that can equal a victory and not always noticed by the fans.  Eklund, Young, and Xavier are hot right now and were hoping to keep them going.  It was a physical game and Las Vegas took some penalties in the second period that helped get us going.  I couldn’t be happier we beat them tonight, but we need to keep our foot on the gas.  It’s a long season.” 

With the series tied 1 and 1 now we know that the first place Las Vegas Aces will not easily forget this loss and plan to be back with a vengeance.  Aces goaltender Thomas Price was not happy with the loss and took responsibility.  “I needed to be better tonight, and I will be next time.  They played hard and got quality chances and capitalized.  Hats off to them tonight and I can’t wait until we play them again.”  

Fans for both clubs will have game 76 marked on their calendars and I am certain we will be in for an epic clash of two top teams.  

Review: 

This is a nice update on the Marlins that talks about the season as a whole so far, while also talking about some key moments along the way. I would add some kind of picture and/or title instead of the same plain words from start to finish. Other then that, paragraph structure was nice and I enjoyed the read. Good luck on the rest of the year! 8.5/10