Seymour Butts - Junior Review

fonziGG

chara GIF by SB Nation

Seymour Butts

6'8" 250lbs

Burnaby, Canada

Seymour was born in Burnaby to a very loving and passionate hockey family. Seymour was determined as ever to become a hockey player. He grew up watching the Vancouver Wolves and their historic runs for the cup. He started strength training, skating and practicing his puck handling skills at such a young age. His father helped him every single day. At the time, his parents were very young and agile. In fact, they were both 20 years old when they had him.

Seymour started to light up the local leagues he was in. He started to play with groups much older than him as well. At 7 years old, he was playing with the U12 team at his local rink. He did not look out of place at all. The coach staff knew they had something special with him and expected him to become a VHL player one day. At 11 years old and on his U14 team, he became the captain and lead his team in points. They were undefeated and went to nationals to win it all. This was when the attention started to shine on Seymour.

One fatal day, Seymour was riding his bike to school in a rough area. You see, Seymours family was young and living in a very expensive city in Vancouver. They had to move to a less desirable area in order to just survive. There was a drive by shooting and Seymour was hit with a stray bullet. It lodged into his lower back. The doctors concluded that he would never be able to walk again. Seymour was beyond depressed. He couldn't believe that not only were his hockey days gone; his ability to walk was gone as well.

At the age of 15, Seymour decided enough was enough and went in for a experimental surgery that might be able to bring back his ability to walk. His family was nervous as was he. However, it was a success. The new problem was that he had lost most of his muscle in his legs. He had to start from square one again. After around 7 months of rehabilitation and overall hard work, Seymour skated for the first time in 3 years. This was a defining moment in his career. He lost all his skating ability and prowess but the fact that he could just put a skate to the ice, he felt at peace.

At 17, Seymour was back in local hockey, not dominating but was working on bringing his old reflexes back. His stick handling skills, shooting ability and upper body strength were top notch. However, his skating was very rough. A former successful coach in the VHL, Moammar Morris Szyslak, had learned of what happened to Seymour and wanted to lend his expertise to the young lad. Moammar, nicknamed Moe, had trained Seymour to the point of his return. He was ready to go pro.

Alas, the Philadelphia Reapers took him as a 4th round pick and the rest is history. Seymour still has the potential, but they know he is going to take a lot of physical work to get there.

I mean honestly, with a name like that how could he fail? @fonziGG

Besides everyone loves a comeback story. Not to mention getting a backstory to explain why your player is who he is on the ice is always nice. For obvious reasons your player's name is one of the ones that have stuck to memory when I'm looking over the PbPs. He is in there with hits and takeaways on Bo so often, it's an absolute pain to play against. So respect for that.

22 hours ago, Shindigs said:

I mean honestly, with a name like that how could he fail? @fonziGG

Besides everyone loves a comeback story. Not to mention getting a backstory to explain why your player is who he is on the ice is always nice. For obvious reasons your player's name is one of the ones that have stuck to memory when I'm looking over the PbPs. He is in there with hits and takeaways on Bo so often, it's an absolute pain to play against. So respect for that.

Haha I'm assuming you're a Simpsons fan if you've noticed the name?

29 minutes ago, fonziGG said:

Haha I'm assuming you're a Simpsons fan if you've noticed the name?

Not so much actually. But it's just one of the classic phonetic joke names.

2 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

Not so much actually. But it's just one of the classic phonetic joke names.

Ah fair. Yeah the Coach who helped him after the tragedy is Moe from the Simpsons hahahaha. 

Just now, fonziGG said:

Ah fair. Yeah the Coach who helped him after the tragedy is Moe from the Simpsons hahahaha. 

Oh that makes perfect sense. I totally missed that, haven't watched the show in at least a decade at this point.😅 Though to be fair that goes for basically every TV show at this point.