VHLE team ranking

Lemorse7

Here is my thought about where I think every team in the VHLE will finish in the standings after the regular season. 

8. Oslo Storm  

Starting from the bottom. I got the Oslo Storm at the last place of the standings. They have some great players like Daniel Janser and Nezuko, but they have the fewest roster players on the team. They definitely have one of the best prospect pools for next year with 1 goalie, 2 defenseman and 7 forwards who have the potential to go to the E next season. With only 2 players going up in the M next season, S82 Storm will have a great roster. 

7.Geneva Rush 

The next team is The Geneva Rush. They have more players than the Storm but don’t have enough star players to make an impact and with them recently trading their best players they are also looking to have some great years in the near future. 

Is a rivalry between Jarvinen and Price beginning? With them playing for Houston and Las Vegas respectively, will that rivalry transfer to Europe? Only time will tell. 

The fight is so close in the E that really anything can happen between the 6 and 1st place in the standings. But I will do my best to guess ether way. 

6. Vasteras Iron Eagles 

They are running a 6 forward 4 defenseman 1 goalie, they have a good roster and some great players, but they are lacking depth. They can surprise people including myself and I hope they do. 

5. Rome Gladiator 

Rome is an offensive power house, with a roster of 1 goolie, 4 defenseman and 8 forwards. The only reason why I didn’t put them higher is their goalie situation with the starter spinelli starting all of the games this season so far. 

4. Cologne Express 

It was hard to not put them first ;). But the team in the top three played very well and all have a great team. They also have 6 forwards, 4 defenseman and 2 goalies. Tied for second for goals for, but are the third baddest team for goals against.  

3. Istanbul Red Wolves 

They have the best defensive core in the league, but don’t forget about that offensive squad too. Rosters of 2 goalies, 4 defenseman and 9 forwards, With 7 forwards being at 299 tpa or more and all the defenseman having 300 tpa or more, they are definitely one of the best teams in the league. 

2. Bratislava Watchmen 

They also have a 6 forward, 4 defenseman and 2 goalies. They have one the best goalie in the league and a great forward core. The only thing is their defense. It's not bad, it's just weaker than the other team.

1. Stockholm Vikings 

The Vikings are, in my opinion, the best team on paper in the E. With a roster of 9 forwards, 6 defenseman and 2 goalies. They are a young team too. They can have a solid team for a few seasons for sure. 

That’s my opinion on the VHLE, where the team will end up at the end of the season. Just by looking at the standing, you can see a big difference between the two expansion teams and the rest of the team. But I feel like in the next season or two the expansion teams will be competitive. 

559 words 

Edited by Alexandre
Oslo Strom

Review: 8/10

Enjoyed reading it! Rankings are an easy way to both get other people involved and start some conversation, and think this one definitely accomplished that. Especially with the E being so close in places it can making ranking the teams hard too, but you did a good job of explaining your picks. I wouldn't have minded a bit of care paid to presentation here - even bolding the team names would help set them apart and make it look less like a wall of text. Also, another read through before posting would probably help, some easy-to-catch errors like Oslo Strom or the Vikings missing the 1. But all in all a good piece, will be curious how it matches up to the end standings.

REVIEW:

I love how you weren't completely biased and didn't just put the Express at #1. I wish you could have put more details in but you were aiming for a short article so I understand. I do wish you would have bolded the teams tho. Maybe underline them too. Still, I did enjoy it overall 

8.5/10

review time: I also enjoying seeing a team ranking list, there's usually some level of subjectiveness. While you mention roster size and sometimes TPE the look at each team is pretty surface level, maybe you could have looked earn rates or since this is part way through the season, even mention some points, who's carrying a bit or something. Just a bit more meat here would be nice. Could also improve on the look a little bit, use some color coding for teams and make use of bold ,italics and underlines. 5.5/10 overall.