For Sale: My Underwear

Banackock

the captain GIF

It's been awhile since I've had a new player which also means it's been awhile since I've done some actual writing. To sit down here and try to come up with 2,000 words like I used to do so I don't have to write again almost feels impossible. Am I getting older? Are things becoming stale on here? Is the league going in the wrong direction? Am I burnt out? Has it just been that long? I really don't think I'm super burnt out. Sure, writing every week for the last however many years does get old and stale, but I don't think that's really it. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. You can't change things up and do graphics because you don't have skill and the updaters won't see improvement so they shit all over you. I don't do them because I'm a graphic god. I don't do them because I really want to be a graphic nerd. Would it be cool? Sure. Do I want to put in the time to improve? No. Are my graphics, despite some having copy/pastes portions on it better than some that still get passed on a regular basis for 6 TPE? Absolutely. Tons. There's a lot of shit ones out there. However, as mentioned, I've been harassed in the past with denied updates so here you are getting the same old same you've received for the last "X" amount of years. My writing has improved either I don't think but I guess that isn't an issue. 

Christmas time is coming up quickly. It doesn't feel like it's been 2+ years in the pandemic or whatever it's been and it's super wild to think in a few weeks it's going to be Christmas and then eventually 2022. The fat man is gonna slide his ass down our electric fire place and hopefully gift me with some sweet, sweet gifts. With the season comes the VHL's Christmas Charity event which is always super fun and I always look forward to. I am unsure if the tiered prizes have been announced yet for the raffle. I don't think they have so waiting to see on those. If they have, I either missed them or am not impressed. Honestly, I'm just really hoping for the Zoo Tycoon stream. At my age, in my profession and with the amount I work, watching our commissioner play Zoo Tycoon is exactly how I want to spend my moments. Partial joking aside, the event is all in good fun and it's a very amazing thing the community does. Every year it's fun to see the amounts we raise and of course, I'm always looking to see if we can beat the year prior. It's an event the VHL does which I'm super proud about and is always cool to see watch happen. Christmas usually brings the best out of everything. 

Now, I have blabbed a little bit in depth about the Victory Hockey League. With all of the above being said in the name of word counts, I will now do a bana blab's style thing immediately below this to attempt to get to 1,000 words so I don't have to write for some time again. THAT WAY, maybe the next time I will have something super creative by then and will not struggle to pump out 3/10 material.  With that being said, let's blab.

• Seattle has a record of 16-11-2 which is good enough to be tied for 3rd in the North American conference. The season has been good for us so far and a lot of our players have had very strong seasons. Considering we started a rebuild in S80, it's been a blast to be contending for a playoff spot in S81. After making the playoffs for 12 seasons straight, it was very weird to be a bottom feeder. It made me sick to my ass to try and tank last season. I know sun is rising in Seattle but things are still going to take time. We are an up and coming team and need to remember this. Either way, a 1 season turn around is pretty cool. 
  • Riga has been all over the place lately (lately could mean the last - what it feels like, forever). Sometimes they're good and it's announced that they're "buying" in the market... then all of a sudden they get their asses whooped by a "weaker" team and the market quickly shifts to them selling off assets. I think in a span of 3-4 days, their direction changed 3-4 times. At this moment, they're outside of a playoff spot with a 15-13-2 record and could go either way. I think they had some good chances so you never know what happens. They also got a new logo so maybe the logo will give them secret powers and help them out a little bit. 
  • Upcoming draft seems to be full of great talent and is going to be good initially. Whether or not it remains this way, well, we'll find out down the road. Lots of great talks with a lot of prospects, so we're excited despite having limited picks. I fully expect if it remains this strong to see similar issues down the road that we did before. It also kind of seems like we have no goalies, then massive drafts with goalies galore, then nothing again. Maybe I'm wrong but it feels like we've had this once or twice and while we do need goalies, it seems like we're gonna get that immediate rush again. S79 has 2 goalies above 400, S80 has 3 above 400 ( @oilmandan do better...), S81 looks to have lacked goalies but does have a couple who could pan out and then S82 (up coming draft) I think 3-4 recreates of proven members with a couple others coming in right below them that will stay occupied in the VHLE for some time.
  • With that being said, no thank you to the VHLE. I am not excited to play in that league. What a waste of my time. I understand it, but there should be some form of player freedom to play in it. VHLM cap went back down to 200 TPE, right? VHLE should be hard 350, soft 300.... I know it will never happen because that's how things go around here, but I am not looking forward to playing in the VHLE.
  • I have been enjoying my new player Mikhail Kovalchuk and hope he turns out into a star player. He wants to follow in his fathers footsteps and become a Hall of Fame player for the VHL and become a Bears legend. He was told the Houston papers that he will have no issues doing better for the Bears than he did if he ends up on Seattle and has noted to the paper also that he will not commit to an extension passed his 3 seasons with a team that selects him. Where have we heard this before?????  

1167 words, that sucked.

Dec 6-12

Dec 12-19

9/10

Wow great text, always nice to read, it is very entertaining and I love to see all of your opinions. As you said at the beginning, your writing is very good and this is true. Maybe add a little bit of colours to make it more attractive, but overall I love your texts. I wish you good luck and I hope that you will love to write again and that you will find some subjects to talk about in the future.