My VHL career so far

WildfireMicro

Hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here to talk about my career in the VHL so far. I came into the VHL when somebody in the SHL was talking about how good this league was, and honestly it has been pretty good to me. I mean I've won a title and I am now an assistant GM! But I am getting ahead of myself here, and I'll start at the beginning. When I went to create my first player, I had a name that I was holding onto for a while now: Armani Calamari.

I don't know what it is about that name, but when it came into my head it proceeded to stick with me for quite a while. So it was a perfect name for my first create, and I signed a waiver contract with the Philadelphia Reapers. We reached the playoffs but we ended up losing in the first round. Afterwards I was drafted in the VHLM draft by the Ottawa Lynx and had fun playing with them for a while. Eventually however, I was traded to the Reapers and we made the playoffs again but were knocked out again. Afterwards I decided to work on getting my TPE up to join the first VHLE season where I was drafted by the Vasteras Iron Eagles.

It was there that I won my first title in the league, as we proceeded to come back from being down 0-2 and 1-3 in convective rounds to shock the world and win the first ever VHLE cup. Oh man, that was extremely exciting and I am do happy I was able to play with so many great guys in Vasteras. Hell, I now play in Toronto with a guy who I played with in Vasteras known as Doomsday. Afterwards I managed to get my TPE high enough to jump ahead to the Toronto Legion, where we have been shocking people with how well we are doing. Armani is currently having an awesome rookie season with 40 points overall.

During the offseason where I made the jump to Toronto, I also took up a job as the Cologne Express Assistant GM. That has been a great learning experience for me and I helped with the draft and am now helping post press conferences. I do not know if I will take a job as a GM anytime soon, but right now I am just happy to help the Express to a potential title. We are in a great position to get into the playoffs at the very least, so we will see what happens next. Overall the VHL has been an awesome experience for me and it is currently the only one of this family of sim leagues that I can stay active in.

Now no one really knows what the future holds for me or Armani. I qm hoping that Toronto continues to get better and that I will continue to be involved everywhere. I also hope that those who have gotten to know me these past few months have gotten to like me. Thank you for reading and I hope to see you all on the ice!

It’s quite a nice recap of you’re experience in the league so far and hope the best for the future. It’s nice to know more about you, I quite enjoy your past Article with Armani, but this help to get to know the user behind. 8/10

Edited by Grosgars

review time: Good media spot and glad to hear your enjoying your time here in the VHL!! I imagine having the experience from the SHL helps with adjusting to another sim league. The pacing is good and you broke it up at the right points to stop it from being a wall of text, I think you did good with sharing your experiences and your progressions through the league. Fitting in some use of italics or bold or underline could help spice it up a little, very good overall I feel. 9/10

reviewing: this was a solid read, got a taste of your career so far and how you got to where you are now. It seems like your path is well on it's way to a hall of fame level. There wasn't many grammar mistakes I could see and hopefully your GM'ing experience goes well! 10/10