Part of the game now

jRuutu

owHS4TQ.png

Christmas is a time of giving and caring. What happens when you give and care too much? A quick look in the ban thread shows that a few members have given too much, a few members have cared too much. These members have controlled numerous accounts at the same time. One member even created six other users/players! Shameful and unfortunate, but at least these users are caught and removed from the league.

Wrong.

These users are even allowed to keep their assistant GM roles in VHL and head GM roles in VHLM. Creating six users gets you a three-week TPE ban. Controlling four other users and earning them TPE gets you a three-week TPE ban. Why are these users not fired from their roles? Where are the permanent bans?

If I right now post a picture of my naked body wearing nothing else than a Santa hat -  I will more than likely get a two or three-week TPE ban. If I now post three questionable words aimed at nobody in specific -  I will more than likely get a two or three-week TPE ban.  That says it all really. This league sees cheating on the same level as hurt feelings. Because let's face it, seeing a picture like that or reading those words could lead to hurt feelings. Cheating in my eyes is worse. These users did not make some silly mistakes. They created and/or controlled numerous accounts and cheated. They are also users who should know better as they are general or assistant general managers.

What is going on behind the scenes? Moderators are doing the best they can. They are browsing Wikipedia and other sites that list bad words, but it's starting to look like they can't offer answers.  There are no job firings. There are no permanent bans. The following quote from one of the ban posts is revealing:

''The official ruling of his Gm role will come from vhlm commissioners at a later date. ''

Either the moderators don't have the power to decide about permanent bans and about someone getting fired from a job, OR they were not able to decide on permanent bans and about someone getting fired from a job. On one hand, it's good that these moderators don't have such power, but on the other hand, what kind of leaders are the moderators if they need to ask from big suits what to do when someone is clearly cheating? How high and mighty were these mods a month or two ago. They roamed around like they owned the place, but look at them now - there they are supporting these cheaters or staying quiet.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTXvif3X2jphJdzsEyhdN

If there are 0 hits when using the search function in a browser - the moderators are helpless:  ''that sounds like a bad word, let's see if it's on the list, nope, carry on'' - every VHL Mod.

How are these moderators trusted with giving lengthy suspensions for offenses that cause hurt feelings, but they can't be trusted to deal with clear cheaters? Rather mysterious as the odds of getting something ''wrong'' is much higher when working with ''hurt feelings'' cases.

Where are the big suits then? Why would they put themselves into this position? Nobody knows. We have heard more words coming out of the cheater's mouths than from the league leaders. These big suits are also getting paid for these jobs. Let's hope we get an answer soon regarding whether firing(s) from management roles is coming up and whether permanent bans are brought up as well. Let's hope we don't get some silly short answer written by one of the mods because then we can assume the big suits did not put too much time into it.