Alessandro Nano first season in the VHL

leafsman

Alessandro Nano first season in the VHL is coming to a close and it's been a pretty good season for him.  The Helsinki Titans have been competitive this season but unfortunately Nano season will not end in a championship as his previous ended in cups with Miami and Vesteras.  On a personal level, Nano had a great season as his production with just a game left in the season is coming clos to matching  the VHLE last year.  Nano has 15 goals and 47 assists for 62 points iin 71 games this season.  Nano has 3 more goals this season than last and is 3 points shy of his VHLE total.  Considering the jump in the quality of the league it's quite surprising to see Nano pretty much match his VHLE point totals.  It's unlikely that he will have a 3 point game in the finale but it's still been a good one for him.   Alessandro has also blocked 179 shots to go along with 172 hits.  Nano prides himself on his defensive game but as the stats have shown he can contribute at both ends of the ice.  Nano leads the titans in shot blocks by 4 so that could change in the final game.  Alessandro is second on the team in PIM but he's just 2 back so he could lead the team in that category after the final game.  Nano is the titans highest scoring defenseman at the moment with a 2 point lead over salducci.  

I think I've had a good rookie season and I think we played as well or even exceeded expectations for the team.  We have a great young team and I think we have a great future.  Although my cup winning streak has come to an end I believe we will be contenders very soon.  I am going to work hard to his offseason to become a more well rounded player next season.  My goal is to o work on my offensive side of the game while putting some hard work in the gym to get stronger.

Now that Alessandro has basically completed his first season in the VHL it's time to see how he fared in comparison to his father Paolo Nano who was also drafted by the titans.  Earlier in the season Alessandro had already passed his father in goals and assists but now we can see by how much.  Paolo had 6 goals and 26 assists which means alessndro has doubled his dad's goals total and came close to doubling the assists total.  Paolo played 2 seasons in Helsinki and it will be interesting to see if Alessando remains a Titan longer than dad. "I love playing here on Helsinki and would be happy to play here as long as possible.  I know it's a business but if it were up to me I'd love to be a Titan for life" said Alessandro Nano.

Paolo had this to say about his son. "I am very proud of how Alessandro played this season.  He definitely is a more talented player than I was and I believe he will have a much better career than me.  He's already won at the lower levels and that was something I was never able to accomplish.  I also never won a Continental Cup and I truly believe Alessandro will win one one day.

Review:

The Helsinki Titans are definitely poised to be a major problem for the European Conference, with tons of young players hitting their stride, even more ready to come up to the VHL, and the VHL's premiere goaltending phenom in Xavier Booberry. That's definitely a team that looks to have championship aspirations in the near-future. Alessandro Nano is a big part of that future as well, as demonstrated by a really solid rookie season. He really was a quality two-way defenseman in his rookie year, and that bodes really well for Helsinki if that's indicative of what Nano will bring to the table every season.

The article itself was a good read, but it is being held back by several things. For starters, the formatting makes your article look like a giant wall of text, which will certainly make some readers "nope" right out of your article. There's also some grammatical issues, such as the possessive case not being used and some words missing. If this was an English or writing paper, the grader would certainly have some issues, but this is a sim league. I could read along and understand just fine, and that's all that really matters. 

6/10