Game recaps for S80 Bratislava Watchmen (Part 5)

FrostBeard

182767649_BratislavaOG.png.9c8275ded9536cc7d3bb9868a1f43148.png
Wow, I have to the Part 5 now, really? Alrighty, a simple compilation of games from S80, quite interesting results, new players making their mark for Watchmen! Overall, still the same thing as before, nothing really new. Also, next week, I am not gonna be releasing Game Recaps, probably, will have some more exciting thing to earn TPE from!

Game 145 L Rome Gladiators

Truly tough opponent and I have to say, didn't feel like we were playing our best hockey. Sure, we had our chances and we tried to capitalize on them but it didn't go our way. 3-2 losses are always tough as you know you could have done more to secure that W. Jakub Brozik with 1+1 and Jlloyoid Blloyoiderson with 2 assists. Brender Marner however managed to score his first VHLE goal! 

Game 147 W Cologne Express

4-2 wins are brilliant to see as we can all appreciate great defensive and offensive effort. We had a clear star for us and that was Jannik Nylen who finished the game with 1+2 and managed to lead our offensive effort as a defenceman. Jlloyoid Blloyoiderson keeps steadily increasing his point totals with another 1+1 performance.

Game 150 W Rome Gladiators

3-2 Win, something that I really like to see as to me there are few teams that are playing on our level and sometimes above. Rome is one of them. Donny Carter finished the game with an amazing 1+1 that helped him to keep his Top 10 spot in the league. Brilliant defensive performance by Tony Adams and Jannik Nylen. Orion D H Chiester IX absolutely dominating in the net!

Game 151 OTL Cologne Express

Sure, we want to win these close games with high scoring numbers but in the end, it is better to get that one extra point than to lose out on all 2 points. Star of our game clearly was the brilliant John Baard who managed to finish the game with 1+2. Logain Ablar scores another goal and Sven Eightnine adds to his already impressive resume another goal and a breathtaking defensive performance. Overall, solid effort! 

Game 155 W Istanbul Red Wolves

When we talk about high scoring games - this is exactly what we mean! 8-6 win! We out-shot, out-played and out-skilled our opponent. Jannik Nylen managed to lead our team in points that game with one goal and four assists to increase his dominating lead as the best defenceman in the VHLE. Jakub Brozik shines again with one goal and three assists. Our 1st line centre, Jlloyoid Blloyoiderson manages to amaze everyone again with another brilliant hat-trick and an assist to his name.  John Baard and Logain Ablar each finished the game with 2 points. Glorious performance everybody!

Game 158 L Stockholm Vikings

6-4 loss. Our penalty kill surely faulted this game and I am not really sure what we can do about it. Jakub Brozik, Jannik Nylen, Jlloyoid Blloyoiderson and Tony Adams with 2 points each. While talking about great performances - Sven Eightnine again proves to be an amazing defensive player who finished the game with 5 shots blocked and 6 hits. A lot of penalties have been taken so our discipline is fairly bad lately but I am still happy about our offensive abilities! Onto the next game!

Game 162 W Istanbul Red Wolves

That was one silent "Awoo".  8-3 Dominating win against Istanbul is exactly what we need to boost our morale right now! Every single win at this point is crucial! Logain Ablar what a wonderful hat-trick and an assist to get those sweet 4 points. Jakub Brozik with 4 assists, Jannik Nylen k with 3 assists and 2 blocked shots. John Baard also had a great game with a goal and two assists. Great effort on the powerplay! Alex Parise also had a great game with 0.919 Save percentage!

Game 165 SOW Cologne Express

Extremely close game! Props to Sven Eightnine who managed to step up when his team needed. Sven finished the game with 1+2, brilliant defensive performance with 7 hits and 4 blocked shots AND he managed to get the game winning Shoot-out goal! Jlloyoid Blloyoiderson with 1+1 and a great overall effort. Tough penalty killing time for our squad. Nor sure how to improve that but have to work on it right away!

Game 169 L Cologne Express

Yikes, 1-0 loss is a tough one for us. I have always thought of Bratislava as an offensive juggernaut but it seems we have our faults at times. Absolutely gorgeous performance by Orion D H Chiester IX who kept us in the game with his stellar goaltending. Sven Eightnine keeps up his brilliant defensive game!

Review:

The Bratislava Watchmen, the first VHLM team that ever drafted me! I'm pumped that they returned, and with you at the helm, I know they're in great hands. I'm guessing these were games from Season 80, as I noticed names like Jakub Brozik and Jannik Nylen, two teammates of mine in Toronto this past season, and seeing what they did with Bratislava was pretty cool. I've seen proposals for game recaps becoming a new secondary point task, so this was a pretty good preview of what we might see. 

I know English isn't your first language, so I'm not entirely concerned with the grammar, seeing as nothing was lost in translation and everything flowed well. I would've liked to have seen some things, such as the score, key moments, and things done by the opppnent a bit more, but this was admittedly a recap of Bratislava, not necessarily their opponents. This was also broken up and formatted very well. Overall, nicely done!

8/10

First of all, I love you. Secondly, great write up here! The first thing I noticed when I opened the article was the beautiful Watchmen logo at the top. The next thing I noticed though was that everything in this article was italicized, which hurt my brain a bit. However, the simple bolding of each game helped offset that a little bit. In the future, if it were me, I'd remove the bulk italics and only use it here and there. Overall, 8/10 ❤️