Ivan Retoslav Hockey Card

eagle_3450

REVIEW:

I like the idea with what you were trying to go with. First off, I think if you're going to take out the old logo, you should take a bit more time and try to get the color closer to the jersey hex color. You could then after that use the blur tool so it fits in with the jersey a bit more. Then after that, I would add the logo and blur it / add some effects so it really looks like it fits on the jersey. Next up, I would add some text and give a outline/shadow to it so it stands out. I do like the fact that you added some text at the top, but I would make it pop out more if you can. Last, I would add a generic outline to your photo if possible, as it would make your work really "pop"! Overall, I can tell you did your best on it, and with a little bit of practice, you can make a fantastic graphic.

Rating: 6/10

• 7 months later...

Hi Eagle,

I like that you went with a Pro Am graphic idea.  A few ideas for you to work on to keep getting your 6 TPE for graphics; 1. Learn how to feather in or patch and replace the jersey material so it looks authentic instead of using a white pen, 2. I’m a big fan of removing the NHL shield and replacing it with the VHL shield and 3. Try some different effects with the font and possibly adding a boarder with some layering would be cool as well.  Good try, keep working at it and you will create some cool stuff.  Best of luck, 6 out of 10. 

DK