Augustus

Review:

I like the choice in render and for the first few moments I was wondering which goalie it is. I had to look up Steve Mason's jersey number to see if it was him but since he was 35 I'm thinking this is Mathieu Garon. I think the color effects you added fit perfect and how the red/pink meets the blue is the perfect contrast. Making the font the focal point was spot on and it really pops off the screen. I will say that I find the last name just a little hard to read, but I am assuming that the letter that is hard for me to make out is a K for Kennedy. Nice work!

9/10

Review:

I really like this one, I think it's one of your more visually appealing graphics. I like the neon look, and the strong definiting lines that are colourized really nice. I like how you've used the pink and blue gradient on the text to match the neon effect over the whole signature. The wave effect is cool, but I think you've removed too much of it, as you can really only see it on the mask and then lightly around the edges. It could be a really cool effect if you made that wave effect really strong on the edges, as if it's rippling out. I think the text is fine, I don't think subtext needs to be overly clear. I think the Augustus is clear enough, and the focal point really is on the render and the neon light effect. Great job here. 9/10

Review:

This is a concept I haven't seen before.  I really like it, especially the pink and blue colors you played around with.  I think that they are extra sick ok the text as you haven't done it the simple way by putting it vertically but instead horizontaly, which is something I don't see too often but I really like.  What I would do is making the second name more visible, I could barely see it the first time I saw the graphic.  I would also try to edit out that Toyota sponsor on the renders chest as it looks way too out of place.  I could also give my opinion on the quality but that is one of the hardest things to change so I can't really complain.  Good work! 8/10

Uuuuu yes, I love this! The neony style is sick. Remind me of 80's and disco. A lot of old stuff is coming back into trends and to be fair I could see this to be something to come back with it. I dont even want to look for any faults, cuz it's just cool af, but I kinda have to. Sadly, but yet again, another signature that struggles a little bit with the text. The main one is understandable and visible, but I would like to see it bit more clearer, than it is right now, because the pink part is way too bright and makes it look overdone. And the secondary text - well I dont know what it says as I cannot properly read it.

Rating: 8/10

Edited by Mr Bohannan

On 1/19/2022 at 11:34 AM, InstantRockstar said:

It's been a while since I've reviewed one of your pieces, so buckle up man, I'm a really harsh critic.

Ha. This is really well done, with everything working well together to produce a quality end result. The neon is great and the coloring itself really works well. The text/font is nice and yes, while the "K" in Kennedy is a little hard to see, it's only subtext and it's readable anyway. No big deal, especially with the overall quality graphic. Easily a 9/10.

Bro this is amazing, as a fellow goalie in this league I can  see the effort put into this not only with the effects but also the positioning and font style, I really like almost the vice vibe this givse, everything blends together to make it one solid piece, one thing is maybe even though the text covers it, add a logoswap instead of leaving it plain other than that solid graphic 9/10!