MubbleFubbles Radio Ep. 3 - Nip to the BOG

MubbleFubbles

https://anchor.fm/mubble-fubbles/episodes/MubbleFubbles-Radio-Ep--3---Nip-to-the-BOG-e1d932n

The BOG let us know what they’re discussing in their hallowed halls so I decided to break down my thoughts on each of the topics.

Edited by MubbleFubbles

I was going to live react as I usually do. But my brain is still recovering from the interesting sleep schedule after the draft. So I'll just say that it was a pretty good listen overall.

I haven't heard what stopped the 1.5 sims specifically. But the general thing with the newer versions is that they get more and more unrealistic numbers. We saw what happens with 2.1 giving scores like 28-24 in both the JST and WJC before swapping back to 1.1 with the correct sliders. I think Simon's even said himself that the newer versions produce less realistic numbers than the older ones. But I can't recall where I heard that.

I’ve never been the biggest fan of the copy paste offers, as an AGM I tried to personalize the pitches at least a little bit. Though the reality is it is tough to keep up with, especially if there’s literally hundreds of new members joining at once. Or even if they’re not flooding in, you still want to be on it ASAP, and if I’m at work I probably shouldn’t stop what I’m doing to write an eloquent personal message. So it’s tough no matter what.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that I can do a review on this podcast, but I dont want to get out of this window to find out and then never be able to go back into this so I’m doing a podcast review on this so I can earn some TPE.

OK, first, I listened to about 30 seconds of a podcast and it was someone getting in their car and driving.  I got out of it.  Then today i was on discord and saw that you did a podcast so i clicked to get to it.  When you first started about BOG being taking a sh…t, I started to laugh and think all podcasts were a joke or something, and figured hell I can do this.  But then I got to listen to what you were really talking about and I tried to take notes as fast as I could.  I’m going to respond on two or three of your topics, but I gotta say that this podcast was amazing and I’m going to look for more.  I learned a lot about this VHL stuff during your podcast.  Thanks.

Here goes.  The bog issue with stacking points and having low tpe in passing but high def and scoring makes so much sense as something that needs fixing.  It seems like an easy fix and you hit the highlights of suggestions with keeping points within each other or maxing on certain categories.  I wondered how the games were simmed, and I now have somewhat of an idea and want to look into it further.

As far as topic #2, new players getting offered spot right away, I can respond only from my experience.  I signed up two weeks ago and navigated through the sites and tried earning tpe and dicked up multiple times before the draft.  I watched  and listened to the draft and was looking forward to being selected.  I turned it off to go work out and when I got back home I wasnt drafted but had an offer, and then another, and then a third.  It made this thing really enjoyable and gave me a drive to get TPE points and be involved.  If I had an offer as soon as I signed in, I’m not sure I would have made much of an effort to dig into this game and try to figure things out.  I probably would have looked at it like it was another app game and not challenging.  Hope that make sense.

Topic #3, career points and challenge points…. It is nice to be able to get extra points doing things, and I agree that making a one time 1000 word review or something in the beginning might not give the proper prospective of the player.  I’m sure you all making decisions have some good ideas and can keep us all interested in earning TPE, so please keep fresh ideas coming and make things happen.  

OK, I’m done with my review.  I’m not saying all this cuz you’re my GM!!  I wrote this because what you said made a lot of sense and I’m going to listen to other podcasts that hopefully will give me more knowledge.  I think this is awesome.  If I gotta do a score on your podcast, 10/10.  Thanks.