random quo....article

hedgehog337

Hello there, it's Riga Reign GM and I wanted to inform you that we just had a draft. Let's go to Riga's draft immediately. The 6th overall was an interesting one. For so long we were interested in taking Miervaldis Arpa there since the goalie shortage is a bitch and we didn't have any goalie prospects as of that moment. And we didn't have any major S83 picks either. So it was now or most likely never. The closer we approached to the draft the more doubts were creeping up to my mind. More people were predicting that all three top goalies would go earlier than 6. So after some discussions with Kelvie we came to the conclusion Max Torq would be the best pick in case if all of these mocks would be correct. 

So the draft came and I was fully expecting DC, Chicago and London take netminders and leave us with rather easy decision. Rumors were swirling around that Helsinki wasn't interested in Steve so that was what I expected. So the first three picks went how these were supposed to be. Then Chicago came...TAGGER! I have no idea why Jeff decided to go with a minor reach there. Maybe he wasn't having an interest in Arpa at all since Zack was posting Riga emojis all the time and giving us the hints that he was only interested in playing for Riga. Or the mishap in Kankkunen's last season when he almost retired even before playing for Chicago. I don't know. What do I know, however is that our choice became even easier. Max Torq is a good player and Seattle will have a blast with him. But we really needed a goalie so Arpa here we come! 

Then we just were picking who we felt might contribute in more long run. Adesanya at 22 since his build was good for us and also ATW was my teammate in that Toronto dynasty. Chang at 38 cause I was seeing Joelunk couple of times in the league and his build was good as well. Jack Quill at 54, well he was playing in Riga before with Jeff Odinson so why not. Shaun Young at 78, the member who I tried to get with his last player. Got still drafted to Riga with this player. What goes around comes around. 

Apparently I almost reached 400 words though it was supposed to be a quote. Oof. Ok, let's talk about FA a bit. Interesting free agency for teams who needs defensemans. Kristof Welch, Jan Hlozek....and Sven Reikkinen? I legitimately thought that Devise is about to sign back with Prague since Sandstrom was traded to Riga. However, his player option is still on and it wast picked. Neither declined. Less than 24 hours for him to decided and that might be very interesting. From all perspectives, from other teams, Prague and Devise himself. 

Forward wise...hmm. Fresco is certainly an interesting one and actually the best forward in this free agency class. So I'm expecting to see couple of team making an offer to him as well. 

Anyways, that's it. RIGA IS GOING TO CONTINENTAL CUP BY THE WAY. 

That's it and I'm out. 

Review:

I really like the concept of recapping the draft and your mindset walking into the draft. Even live thoughts, you could say, was interesting to say the least. I was expecting Riiga to go ahead with Steve but wasn't so surprised to see you walk away with a different player. The only true way to improve this piece is to organize it better. If we centred it with some bigger spaces between the paragraphs and it would be an easier read overall.

9/10 but could very easily have been 10/10.

I learned far more about a draft I wasn't involved in than I thought I was going to going into this. Of course there was a goalie shortage just after my goalie player retires. Glad you managed to snag one, I know how important goalies can be to a good team. The Media Spot was written well and I learned a lot, definitely could’ve used some cleaner formatting, but I know that’s not easy with the smaller pieces. Best of luck next season! 8/10