this rule is kinda dumb

comrade cat

I feel like we should add the the ability for gms to make goalies captains in nhl it makes sense on why but in a website simulation it makes no sense it doesn't really change anything anyway if you disagree then idk quote or something

1 minute ago, dlamb said:

Goalies as assistant captains: here here and here

Goalie as captain: here and here

never knew then this was useless tbh thanks for letting me know i heard people complain about it so i thought it was against the rules

2 minutes ago, comrade cat said:

never knew then this was useless tbh thanks for letting me know i heard people complain about it so i thought it was against the rules

Maybe the respective GM would not allow it, due to being a RL thing? I for example do not allow skaters to pick number one as a Jersey as I reserve this for the netminder...

4 minutes ago, comrade cat said:

I think the case is (if I'm remembering right) you can't make a goalie a captain in the sim engine that we use, so in the sim they won't be regarded as captains but we still honour them as captains on the site.  

7 minutes ago, MubbleFubbles said:

I think the case is (if I'm remembering right) you can't make a goalie a captain in the sim engine that we use, so in the sim they won't be regarded as captains but we still honour them as captains on the site.  

This sounds correct.

I'm relatively (but not 100%!) certain that STHS does not allow you to make the captain a goalie, but on the site, there's no rules against it.

9 minutes ago, Fire Fletcher said:

This sounds correct.

I'm relatively (but not 100%!) certain that STHS does not allow you to make the captain a goalie, but on the site, there's no rules against it.

Can confirm it’s not allowed in the sim engine. But yeah, teams can name their goalers captains all they want on the forum.