London United AGM + Current Captains + Past Captains + Number Retirement Announcement

McWolf

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

I've been without an AGM for a full season now and I've been feeling lonely, so I got a former VHL GM to help me break the bad stint we are in, a GM who very recently stepped down from his role. He was a Continental Cup winning GM too, so whatever success we have now that he's on the leadership team, we can attribute to him and not me. That's good, because when I'm the brains of the team, we don't achieve much, so I'm very excited for @hylands to be joining me for the forseeable future.

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

Short captain announcement because we have a lot on our plate today and I'm only planning to claim this as a VHL.com article anyway, I don't need the words. Our captains for the ongoing season are

CAPTAIN - That Dude @Cornholio

Following the retirement of both The Terrible Trivium and Alec Volchenkov, That Dude is now the longest tenured Londonese hockey player. We're lucky to have him as he's equally a great locker room presence and an insane hockey player. He literally just beat the franchise record for most points in a single season, and he's signed through the end of his career, so we hope he got more seasons like this past one coming up.

ALTERNATE CAPTAIN - Tater Tot @Trunkxolotl

Hey, I know it's illegal to name goalies as captains or alternate captains, but we do it all the time and I love it. Plus, Tater Tot deserves the recognition, since we've been leaving him pretty much alone to take care of the whole defensive aspect of the game all season so far. Two 70+ save games in a week and you get an A.

ALTERNATE CAPTAIN - Logain Ablar @Kelsier

And the second alternate this season will be rookie-skater Logain Ablar. I don't think I have given a leadership role to any rookie since our first season, but this is the state of the team right now, a couple of veterans and a bunch of kids, and I have a feeling that this one kid in particular is going to do great things for us, which makes him an easy choice here.

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

While we are here, I've been sleeping on this for a few seasons now, and I realized I absolutely forgot to post who our captains were for two straight seasons. So here they are.

Season 79

Captain: The Terrible Trivium @der meister

Alternate Captain: That Dude @Cornholio

Alternate Captain: Sven Reikkinen @Devise

Season 80

Captain: The Terrible Trivium @der meister

Alternate Captain: That Dude @Cornholio

Alternate Captain: Sven Reikkinen @Devise

This makes Trivium the fourth captain in franchise history, following in the footsteps of James Rose, Kasper Kankkunen and Julian Nousiainen before him.

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

And now, the most historic announcement of the bunch, which follows nicely the one right before. We are retiring our first jersey number. I know the team hasn't been all that good for throughout that first generation of players, losing more games than they won, and failing to win even a single playoff series. That being said, we had some moderate success in the regular season for a couple seasons down the middle of these past eight seasons, including two straight seasons where we fought for the lead in the European Conference until the very last couple of games and eventually finished second.

All that to say, despite our overall lack of success, one player has stuck with us his entire career, from the moment he was drafted in the second round of our inaugural season, up to this past offseason when he was forced by archaic rules to hang the skates. He left his mark on the team, as he retires as the franchise all-time leader in goals with 290 and points with 619, two numbers that will be tough to pass for the upcoming generation of Londonese superstars.

Tonight, we are honoring none other than our retroactively named captain from these past two seasons: The Terrible Trivium. Except for his suspect 6th season where he was stopped at 26 goals, Trivium managed to break the 30-goal mark every season, even pushing his score to north of 40 on three different occasions. His point totals were a bit more all over the place, but he still managed to put his name on the scoresheet over 90 times in three different seasons, proving that he was efficient as both a goal scorer and a playmaker throughout his eight season career. His trophy cabinet might be empty, but this sadly says more about the team and its success in the past decade than it says about both Trivium as a player and der meister as a member.

77-Trivium-V1-1.png

Congratulations, @der meister, thanks for giving us a chance and sticking around with us forever. Sorry we couldn't make anything happen while you were here, but we'll add your name on the Continental Cup whenever we make it up there, as the Vice President of Hockey Operations, or whatever made up title they give alumni nowadays.

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png