Claimed:3 Moons Considers Retirement

gorlab

It has been rumoured that Bern Royal's Jody 3 Moons is contemplating calling it a career before the S40 VHL entry draft. After an unimpressive debut season in the VHLM, sources have told us that 3 Moons has apparently been considering his place in the VHL and that he might be better off playing in another league.

It's thought that a lack of communication with his teammates and team staff, along with perceived mistreatment by league staff, have pushed 3 Moons to the brink of giving up on making his career in the VHL. The young Ukrainian playmaker has spent this season in the shadow of his inactive teammates Devin Sundberg and Earl Parker, and felt his activity deserved improved ice-time. When he was unanswered by his GM, 3 Moons felt all hope was lost until one league official, who will remain unnamed, stepped in and helped the player by making some lineup changes for the Royals.

Despite an improvement in ice-time, 3 Moons has continued to produce on a mediocre pace. He has maintained a 1.21 point-per-game pace, which under most circumstances would be fantastic, but not this season. In contrast, 3 Moon's teammate Devin Sundberg is on a 2.4 point-per-game pace, putting 3 Moons' numbers to shame. 3 Moons is also currently -14, with only has 69 hits, over 52 games, which are both amongst the worst on the Royals. Coupled with his on-ice problems, 3 Moons has also been at loggerheads with VHL graphic graders in recent weeks, which is also rumoured to be another factor contributing to his potential retirement.

cw7r3nG.jpg

3 Moons in action for Bern Royals

Although 3 Moons has kept a relatively low profile since being drafted into the VHLM, a majority of league press and opinion has given him the label of crybaby or complainer. 3 Moons is not afraid to make his opinion known and that has seemed to ruffle a few feathers. Rookie hockey players are expected to be quiet and respectful of their senior peers, and although 3 Moons has been working on improving his behavior in the public eye, he still carries the initial stigma that surrounded him when he initially came to the VHL.

Whether the outspoken 3 Moons, aka hockey's Travis Tritt, will actually follow through with this retirement plan or not remains to be seen this off-season. His underwhelming production in Bern has led 3 Moons to fall down the central scouting draft rankings in recent weeks. He was as high as 12th overall but again has fallen down the rankings due to the emergence of other rookie players. It's very likely that these retirement rumours will also drastically decrease his stock going into the draft, as a majority of VHL teams will not want to waste a draft pick on a player who may never play a game for them.

None of the retirement rumours have been substantiated by the player himself, so it's thought that VHL scouts will remain observant of 3 Moons' situation. If he does stay in the VHL, it's very possible that the team who takes a chance on 3 Moons will find themselves with one of the best steals of the S40 entry draft. 

• Senior Admin

Content: 3/3

I can relate to your frustration, as my player is playing waaaaay below what I had expected for this season. But then again, my player hasn't caught any fades like yours has so I guess I don't know how you feel after all. Good read though.

Grammar: 2/2

Nothin'!

Appearance: 1/1

Looks good!

Overall: 6/6