Hey guys!

Also not just that, but there's a HUGE difference between going to a site, making an account and posting once, and then never returning and going to a site and spam messaging all their members.

This. One is a direct way of getting on their nerves, the other can simply just be deleted and forgotten.

I know it's not nearly as bad, and most people (I assume) are actually contributing members of whatever forums in which they are using the sig. But it's still not respectable for people to be making a single post and ditching just to get a couple teeps over here.

I know it's not nearly as bad, and most people (I assume) are actually contributing members of whatever forums in which they are using the sig. But it's still not respectable for people to be making a single post and ditching just to get a couple teeps over here.

I guess I just don't see the harm. Unless a site has say, a limited number of member slots available, I see no reason why there's anything really negative about joining a site and posting once and never returning, so long as it's not spamming.

I guess I just don't see the harm. Unless a site has say, a limited number of member slots available, I see no reason why there's anything really negative about joining a site and posting once and never returning, so long as it's not spamming.

I guess I have more of an issue with the fact that we reward people for doing that.

I'll start taking advantage of it if it continues to be allowed, but maybe we want to take a look at what we have in place. Maybe require a 50 or 100 post minimum to get the reward. You could ask why people would take advantage of it when it's just one or two TPE, but 1) it adds up after weeks and 2) it takes very little time to get free points, so why not.

Edited by Streetlight

I guess I have more of an issue with the fact that we reward people for doing that.

I'll start taking advantage of it if it continues to be allowed, but maybe we want to take a look at what we have in place. Maybe require a 50 or 100 post minimum to get the reward. You could ask why people would take advantage of it when it's just one or two TPE, but 1) it adds up after weeks and 2) it takes very little time to get free points, so why not.

Then no one will post and go out to do that, thus you won't bring people in. I'd argue that we have brought in a majority of the people from doing that whether its 1 post or 50. You are basically suggesting that we halt recruitment.

Then no one will post and go out to do that, thus you won't bring people in. I'd argue that we have brought in a majority of the people from doing that whether its 1 post or 50. You are basically suggesting that we halt recruitment.

If this is how people feel, then okay.