OMG STHS BAD

Vat

Nasherov is starting to play "shaky", why? I have no idea. But it's not fun. Seeing your player performing awesomely at the start of the season then being down right bad sucks. Why isn't the sim engine more consistent? Why isn't the sil engine more realistic? Why do we still use STHS? It is renowned throughout the community that it has it's questionable sims A LOT. But there's nothing done about it other than complaining about it for a day, maybe even two? Why not explore the opportunity of using another engine that is more realistic and counters meta build and has the more realistic simming. Every player has a chance to produce points, even if you're not a 40 passing 99 scoring 99 defense consistently putting up 100 point seasons. I am sure that there is a better engine out there.  

Sincerely from an average VHL member who consistently has bad STHS sims

A couple reasons:

-On the back end, the portal is set up to work with STHS. No other sim engine exists that lets us transfer files from a site to the engine like this one, and it's a huge reason why the league can run as smoothly as it does today. Simming, posting results, keeping rosters current, and UPDATING--which is incredibly painful in other leagues--all go really nicely here because STHS is able to accommodate it. We nuke STHS, and we probably lose a good portion of the league because everything immediately becomes more difficult.

-We have to make sure whichever new engine there would be (the first point means by itself that we aren't switching anytime soon) wouldn't just give us some other problems that make the switch meaningless. For example, the SHL switched their sims to FHM a while back. It works, and I've talked to a number of people who like it. But there are also many who think there's just no parity--the better team on paper wins all the time, with few exceptions, and standings are just about exactly what you'd expect at the start of each season. That's a legitimate complaint too! Some people here (not necessarily you) complain about STHS because it doesn't do that and will scream that the engine is broken if their team loses even one game to a worse team. Think about how boring it would be if every single stat, every single game, went exactly how you predicted. I'm not saying STHS results are perfect (obviously, Davos should have won more games lol) but some level of randomness is good.