A call for help...

Hello graphics gurus,

As you may remember, for the holiday charity fundraiser, I auctioned off naming rights for the main character of a new short story. The story has gone through several revisions and is ready to publish...except that I haven't been able to make a cover. This is where you come in! Once this is done, I can get the finished product up on Amazon and anyone who wants to will be able to check it out for 99 cents, or for free if they have Amazon's Kindle Unlimited.

Details

1 -  The cover size needs to be 2,560 x 1,600 pixels, obviously 2560 tall, since it's a cover.

2 - Conceptually, I'm looking at a night scene, purple/black sky, with a futuristic city taking up the majority of the middle and top thirds of the frame in the background. Ideally there would be one skyscraper that is taller than the rest, but that doesn't matter as much. The bottom section is in the foreground, a brick wall, where the title of the story and my last name (pen name) is spraypainted. 

3 - The title of the story is -7 and my last name is Emerson

I've been working on this for a month and can't make anything that looks better than a slapdash hack job. I think for someone who knows what they're doing, it probably wouldn't take more than 20 minutes, but for me, I'm just guessing and moving sliders and making a goddamn mess. Any other details/questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by der meister

Would it perhaps be helpful to include the cover that you previously liked, as potentially inspiration or something to draw from?

c2.jpg

Here it is, if anyone is interested, and I hope this is helpful @der meister! I'll be trying my hand at one just to increase the odds, I wish you good luck in finding the right one!

I have 2 submissions so far, which is incredible! If I get any more, I thought I might make this a site poll, as this whole thing was born out of the VHL charity drive. If anyone else is planning on making one, if you don't mind sending me a DM to let me know, that would be great.