Dream team

jRuutu

Dedication, hard work, patience

These are all words that can be used to describe the season 81 Vancouver Wolves, or dare I say a team that I think was perfectly built? Hello, and welcome to a theme week article. Today I will take a closer look at a team that has been dominating the VHL for over two seasons now. In the eyes of many Vancouver Wolves is one of the best teams in the history of VHL. Two championships already, and as mentioned, they have come in such as dominating fashion that we can only wonder who can stop Vancouver?

For the theme week and my dream team, I will select a line of players I think have been key players for Vancouver during the last two and a half seasons.

C - Jivere Zolnek
Vancouver legend. Zolnek has played 472 games in Vancouver and collected 500 points! During the last 184 games, Zolnek has scored 104 goals and 197 assists! That makes for 301 points. Not bad. Zolnek was a bit of a late bloomer. During his rookie year, Zolnek scored only 10 points. After that 33 point season and a 47 point season. He has steadily improved, and he is well on his way to becoming one of the most dominant centers in the history of VHL.

LW - Jerome Reinhart
Reinhart is an elite sniper. Reinhart has scored 178 goals in 256 games. That is a disgusting total. He also has 219 assists, so in the 256 games, Reinhart has 397 points! Reinhart has played his whole career in Vancouver. Despite his young age Reinhart can already be viewed as one of the most lethal goal scorers in VHL history. In the last 184 games, Reinhart has scored 143 goals and 181 assists. Not a surprise that Vancouver does so well when extremely talented players like Reinhart and Zolnek join forces and have great chemistry.

RW - Tyler Reinhart
Or like the funny ones say - the other Reinhart. Do not let the clueless fool you - Tyler is a top player. He has managed to collect 372 points in 256 career games. During S81, Tyler played in the same line with Jerome and Jivere, but Tyler was forced to be more of a balancing player in the lineup while the other two forwards were given slightly more freedom offensively. Despite that, in the last 184 games, Tyler Reinhart has 138 goals and 163 assists, 301 points. This offensive trio is truly one of the best offensive lines in the history of VHL.

D - Corey Kitson
Young offensive defender Kitson. He has played 184 games in Vancouver, 59 goals, and 112 assists for 171 points. Kitson is known for his shot. He has scored over 20 goals in all of his seasons in VHL so far. During the ongoing season, Kitson has 12 goals in 40 games, so it's looking quite likely that he will reach 20 goal mark once again. When you get goals from your defenders you are going to win games. Can you imagine what a powerplay lineup with all these four players can do? Damage, that is for sure.

D - Robin Galante Nilsson
Another Vancouver legend. Nilsson has played 472 games and collected 516 points. 407 of those points are assists. When we are thinking about defenders who can move the puck, Nilsson is a textbook example of that.  During the last 184 games, Nilsson has scored 52 goals, so he can also shoot the puck, but as mentioned, passing is his main skill. He has 222 assists in the last 184 games. During season 81 Nilsson collected 97 assists! That is an amazing total and further highlights the chemistry in Vancouver. These players follow the game plan and they have the skills to beat any team.

G - Thadius Sales
Sales joined Vancouver after S79, but he was a key player in the S81 team, and he is leading the team during the ongoing season. Last year Sales won 51 games out of the 64 he started. Sales had a 92.3 save percentage, which was the second-best in the league. His 3.02 goals-against average was the best. During the ongoing season, Sales has won 32 games out of the 40 he has started with a save percentage of 92.6. The goals against average is 2.87. Both totals are among the best in the VHL right now

When we think about dream teams and dream lines -  can it get any better than this? Not in my opinion. Like I briefly mentioned these players have no problem in following a system their coaches have put together. They follow and trust the plan. What makes everything worse for the other teams and players is the fact, that these players are so talented that it's almost hard to even imagine how talented they are, that is how talented they are. Scary team. Scary line.