MiniFubbles Ep. 6 - Retention

MubbleFubbles

Great points as always! I often feel like there are members who are almost completely unaware of the forum, and agree that they might not understand how big of a part of the game it is. You might have said this (I was preoccupied when listening), but I think there should be more notifications on the portal pointing members to the forum. We have players are consistently Welfare + PF every single week, but they have 1-3 posts on the forum. They'll hit milestones like the 100 TPE First Gen Bonus, and I'll send them a DM to let them know, but the message will go unread and they'll continue to be active on the portal every single week. Then you have the members who create a player, and their last login time is almost the exact same as their account creation time. I legitimately don't believe some of these people even realize there is a forum.

On 3/7/2022 at 9:48 PM, JardyB10 said:

I legitimately don't believe some of these people even realize there is a forum.

What's a forum? Sounds like some weird boomer stuff?

"Making things pop on the forums"

Probably moving the Player Development to the top of the forums as well, the amount of people who never even scrolled down far enough to find it is a recurring theme when helping people do their first PTs. Not to mention the fact that the "Graphics, Design, & Writing" section is above the Player Development section, which means that it's commonplace for people to accidentally post their first Graphics PT in the entirely wrong section. Because you'd think the first Graphic section you find is probably the most important one.

We had one player on Miami who did just that, had his graphic claim denied because it was in the wrong section, thought it was denied because it wasn't good enough, and ended up RQ:ing doing PTs, as he basically felt he had been spat in the face for putting in that amount of work and getting it denied. That feels like it could be easily avoidable, if the sections were more sorted in order of importance than they are right now.

1 hour ago, Shindigs said:

What's a forum? Sounds like some weird boomer stuff?

That even pre-dates the Boomer generation.... a forum in ancient Rome was a focal point of the social live, be it economically, religiously, politically or judicially (or all of the above)... comparable to a marketplace in medieval Europe or a Thing of our Northern Brethren....

3 minutes ago, Daniel Janser said:

That even pre-dates the Boomer generation.... a forum in ancient Rome was a focal point of the social live, be it economically, religiously, politically or judicially (or all of the above)... comparable to a marketplace in medieval Europe or a Thing of our Northern Brethren....

idk, if it isn't on TikTok I don't know what it is.🤷‍♂️

Just now, Daniel Janser said:

JK folks I would not call any of you 'idiots' that is just rude...

I mean have you listened to Jardy's podcasts?

Though he is an engineer, so maybe he's just pretending.🤔

3 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

I mean have you listened to Jardy's podcasts?

Though he is an engineer, so maybe he's just pretending.🤔

I have... must be my Swissness coming through... we are basically the Canadians of Europe... or at least that is my impression (experiences may vary)... 

Just now, Daniel Janser said:

I have... must be my Swissness coming through... we are basically the Canadians of Europe... or at least that is my impression (experiences may vary)... 

Yeah, that makes sense. You just have more/better cheese.