Payne's Hopes and Dreams

Scurvy

Now that the Season 82 is officially over for my player, Brian Payne, I would like to reflect on the year as well as my hopes for my up-coming seasons in the VHL.   

First, I would like to give a huge “Thank you” for league admin, GMs, AGMs, and helpful players as I’ve fumbled my way through my second season.  This league cannot be great without people giving up their free time to help make this league great.  So, Thank you again!!!

My first season I was on a stacked San Diego Marlin team held together by some mysterious Clue Glue I still don’t understand.  We made it to semi-finals before getting smacked out of playoffs.

This season with the Bratislava Watchman we got knocked in first round and my player (Payne) shit the proverbial bed stat wise.  But oh well, I am still learning.  It was nice to play with THE Bo Johansson and future Warsaw Teammate Girt Galvins @Girts.  Bo @Shindigs taught me a lot and he is a student of the SIM for sure.  Thanks to FrostBeard @FrostBeard too for being such a good dude.

I am really not sure what to expect from the VHL (if I make it next season).  There are some super great players, and I will once again be below average in comparison to the TPE of others, including my own draft class.  I have a few hopes and aspirations for next year so thought I’d share (for 500 words anyway).  

Hopes and Dreams for new attributes

I am still so new I didn’t know what a Meta build even was until the last few weeks.  I am looking forward to the new attribute system and I understand that like everything new there will be some kinks to work out.  My goal will be to make a solid defensive Dman to help Warsaw win the Cup!!   Now for this week “hopes and dreams” I will discuss my hope for more fighting in S83.  I have more hopes but will stop at 500 so I have something to chat about next week. 

Fighting:  Some people don’t like fighting and want it out of the game of hockey.  That’s fine and I understand your arguments.  I don’t agree and thought the early 2000’s had some of the most entertaining hockey with just enough of the rough stuff but still a good game.  Whether pro or con we can agree that fighting in a SIM is as safe as it can get.  I would like to see a few more tilts as the league moves forward.  I understand by adding points in fighting your odds go up but even the higher TPE fighters don’t get too many it seems. 

I am certainly not saying it should take over the SIM but some hate and discontent against division rivals or first round playoff message setting seems like it would add some fire to the box scores.  

hanson_brothers.jpg.thumb.webp.5f9431d22520f46099e89333728c38aa.webp

Either way this league is awesome and there are some amazing people here I’ve met.  Keep up the great work.  

Payne #9

It's been great having you in Bratislava, and I hope your player gets results that more match the level of dedication you put into it once you get to Warsaw, same goes for Girts too really.

8 hours ago, Scurvy said:

Fighting:  Some people don’t like fighting and want it out of the game of hockey.  That’s fine and I understand your arguments.  I don’t agree and thought the early 2000’s had some of the most entertaining hockey with just enough of the rough stuff but still a good game.  Whether pro or con we can agree that fighting in a SIM is as safe as it can get.  I would like to see a few more tilts as the league moves forward.  I understand by adding points in fighting your odds go up but even the higher TPE fighters don’t get too many it seems. 

In real life I am on the fence about fighting. I would rather see some solid, legal checks are proper icehockey then players trying to fight on a slippery surface which is bound to cause some severe injuries. At the other hand I do understand that it is a physical sport and that sometimes emotions get the better of a player (especially after conceived or real foul play suffered by the respective player/team).

As to the SIM side of fighting: I can tell you that my player had the second most fights in the VHL this season (I am rookie) with eight fighting majors. And I did not invest a single point into fighting. I have a physical build though (I am going for a two-way center) so maybe this enhances the chances for a fight, I do not know.