London still winless in the playoffs

McWolf

London has now been in the league 10 seasons, a full decade. Which means I've been a VHL GM for a full decade myself. And what have we got to show for it? Not much really. I don't know the actual numbers, but it took something like 4 seasons for the Moscow Menace to win a Cup, then the Malmo Nighthawks did it in about as many seasons. Two of our expansion brothers have won a Continental Cup, with both the Chicago Phoenix and the Warsaw Predators capturing the biggest honours of the VHL.

In these 10 seasons, the London United has made the playoffs 4 times. Which already isn't a lot. But the shittiest thing about it is that we've been 0-4 in that span. Let's go back and look at these four series.

S75 Wildcard Round

5th-seeded London United: 1

4th-seeded Moscow Menace: 3

S77 European Conference Semi-Finals

3rd-seeded Helsinki Titans: 4

2nd-seeded London United: 2

S78 European Conference Semi-Finals

3rd-seeded Prague Phantoms: 4

2nd-seeded London United: 1

S82 European Conference Semi-Finals

4th-seeded Moscow Menace: 4

1st-seeded London United: 3

So hey, at least we made it to 7 games this time. And actually just making it back into the playoffs after a 3-season rebuild was kinda huge too, not gonna lie. What strikes the most is that in three of these series, we were the higher seed, we had the home ice advantage. But we came short every single time. Here's hoping this is just the start of something beautiful. We'll see.

3 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Still less depressing than the 'yotes, so that's gotta count for something?🤷‍♂️

Yotes made a Conference Finals 10 seasons ago ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, McWolf said:

Yotes made a Conference Finals 10 seasons ago ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, but that is the only year they even won a playoff game, isn't it? You got them beat by quantity if nothing else.😅