MubbleFubbles Radio Ep.7 - Three Questions For The Draft

MubbleFubbles

"Who goes 1st overall?"

It's really going to be interesting to see what path Jeff takes. I kind of have a hard time seeing there being any wrong decision there. No matter the outcome it's an elite player in a needed position.

"Riga's cursed goalie situation"

I actually forgot that happened. Pretty unfortunate.

"Christmas Bonus"

Total bonus was 23 if you did absolutely everything, I think you could sneak in Josh birthday? Not 100% sure on that though, but it was 1 more uncapped.

"ctots dropping out of the 1st round"

If that happens someone's drafting drunk.😅

"Who do you think drops out?"

I could see Wheaties tbh. Now I don't know if this changes when he gets to the VHL proper, but in the VHLM and VHLE he's only actually applied his TPE roughly twice per season. Once at the very start and once around playoffs IIRC. So even though he auto-12s, which is a lot of safety, he also plays like he's got half a season worth of TPE less for a solid chunk of the season, by not actually showing up to apply it. Not to mention that auto-12s aren't exactly known for their LR presence, since they are very busy elsewhere.

From just capped earning per week there is the argument for Pete Mitchell, but he's also a freaking fantasy god, which makes him still earn at a competitive rate with all the people who do 12 capped per week, but either suck at/don't partake in fantasy. Also Chris is a legend and a good LR guy, so I just don't see it happening.

I know some GMs put a lot of stock in how much TPE the previous player(s) of recreates ended up with. Something like that could quite seriously hurt someone like Landon Wolanin in the eyes of those GMs, as his previous player never reached the kind of level his current player is heading towards. I don't think that's really fair, as he's a very active LR guy who just got stuck as a backup goalie on his first player. If anything the fact he played the career out and didn't quit the league when in that position, is pretty telling to how determined he is to stay in the league, in my opinion. Add in that he's now also an AGM, and it seems even less likely.

So really, I have no clue.😅

I love all of this pre-draft hype, it’s really getting me pumped for Tuesday night!

I didn’t know Tate was on such an impressive streak with his players but I kinda would like to see it continue. I don’t know him very well but from listening to his podcasts I get the impression that he’s a kind person who is passionate about the league, so that’s cool.

Thanks for shouting out my little blue line boy, I’m very excited to see where I end up playing!

6 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Total bonus was 23 if you did absolutely everything, I think you could sneak in Josh birthday? Not 100% sure on that though, but it was 1 more uncapped.

So interestingly, for us it was 23, but because Josh's birthday task said it had to be claimed on W/E 12/19, it was just before these new players could claim, although that didn't stop one player who claimed it and got it approved 😆

6 hours ago, Shindigs said:

I know some GMs put a lot of stock in how much TPE the previous player(s) of recreates ended up with. Something like that could quite seriously hurt someone like Landon Wolanin in the eyes of those GMs, as his previous player never reached the kind of level his current player is heading towards. I don't think that's really fair, as he's a very active LR guy who just got stuck as a backup goalie on his first player. If anything the fact he played the career out and didn't quit the league when in that position, is pretty telling to how determined he is to stay in the league, in my opinion. Add in that he's now also an AGM, and it seems even less likely.

So really, I have no clue.😅

That's an interesting point, hadn't actually considered that when I made the podcast but I definitely looked at it to a certain degree back when I was VHL GM (although this was during an era where there weren't many first-gens to pick from so you really had to do that haha), although in my case I only really threw up a red flag if a previous player had long inactive spells or had a history of their players retire early on in their career so, like you say, I think Wolanin being dropped for that would be a bit unfair. 

Edited by MubbleFubbles