most OVERRATED vhl draft prospects.

rory

Welcome to the newest episode of rory writing exactly five hundred words for a VHL media spot in my eternal quest to hit 700 TPE and then never have to write exactly five hundred words again. In this very relevant media spot I will discuss some common mistakes people, mainly the Victory Sports Noob News Network, have been making in their respective mock drafts. To the common individual, these mistakes may not come to their eyes. However, a master drafter like myself can spot this glaring red flags from a mile away, and without having to do any scouting what so ever. 

Number one: Scotty Sundin. Scotty has been a lock for first overall for most of these mock drafts, and I can understand why. A super max earner, Sundin seems to be on the grind to become a VHL superstar. With an agent friendly with Phoenix GM Jeffrey Dee through their love of a mid fake hockey team with a meme song as a goal song, it makes all the sense in the world. Now let's consider the red flags that only a master scout would pick up on. First off, the agent has formerly worked for the noob news network as a first generation member. This is already an absolute death sentence for the second generation player. Since the curse has come into effect, a similar story unfolded with former Malmo Nighthawk and Warsaw Predator Hall of Famer Chris Hylands. The second player his agent represented, Harkut Mulds, has gone on a nose dive in development since being rated second in the draft, and falling to eighth. As Scoutmaster General, I declare Scotty Sundin is worth of a mid-late second round selection. If the Phoenix blunder this selection as expected by the VHL public, expect a brilliant rookie season followed by a decade of mediocrity. Expect Chicago to select Augustus Kennedy with first overall, a valiant replacement for future Hall of Famer Jean Pierre Camus.

Number two: Brandt Fuhr. Twice I have seen this goaler come into discussion as a consensus number two selection in the Victory Hockey League season 83 entry draft. Although the numbers back up the position, as one of the best goalers in the VHLM this season, including being a major contributor in a surprise run by Mexico City in the playoffs, I don't think the player has quite the competitive drive to play ten pro VHL seasons. Certainly his earning patterns will be attractive to general managers, however this is another agent problem in my opinion. While Vancouver will enjoy the "loyalty to a fault" mentality that they've had, guiding their players to career contracts with the teams that drafted them, the agent has recently had their TPE license temporarily revoked, and player New York American Red Lite decided to call it a career in the wake. Other users that have done this have seen their draft stock plummet in their representative's future drafts. A notable example is Guy LeGrande, who retired after six VHL seasons and redeemed himself with player John Merrick. HOFer agent Tate may have to take an L in their draft position and work towards rebuilding their reputation.  As Scoutmaster General, I declare Brand Fuhr is a mid-late first rounder on a team looking to take a risk. Expect Vancouver to select young upstart Siyan Yasilievich with second overall.