And so the training camp starts

jRuutu

giphy.gif

This is the last time I get to start the regular season without getting hit in the face by depreciation during the off-season. This time around the so-called prime Jokinen is rolling on with 924 TPE. From now, all the TPE is going to the bank. I have played four full seasons in VHL. That means the ongoing training camp is my fifth. A fun fact is that I have now been in three different teams' training camps. Not a bad total when you think about it. When I started this player, I did not set out to play in as many teams as possible, but at the same time, I wanted to try some things out with the contracts, but I already failed with that before my VHL career even started. I also wanted to make sure I don't repeat the same things that happened with my previous player. I wanted ice time and full control of my future, but sometimes my ideas and plans don't match with the ideas and plans of the teams I play in. As a result, I have been traveling around.

How long will I spend in Helsinki? Who knows. As I pointed out, I'm approaching depreciation, so no matter what, I have limited time left in VHL. But I should have at least two or three ''good'' years left. For the humor, I rejected the contract offer sent to me by Helsinki, and I will also go offline for the weekend, so let's see what happens. You should have a   portal notification thread of that posted to the forums, by the way. That could offer some content opportunities. When a player rejects a deal - who knows what is going on? Let's get some rumors going!

Speaking of the off-season, this has been a long one. I made the new build with the new attribute stuff. I went more or less with the same idea I had previously. I went for an offensive defender build. I have 77 passing and 84 in scoring. Previously I had 86 in passing and 95 in scoring, I think. I also have a decent amount in puck handling, defense, and skating, so in theory, I should be a solid offensive defender. However, I'm not as strong anymore. It will be interesting to see how it affects things.

I did not have the best regular-season offensively last year, more was expected from a player with loads of TPE and a high salary. I hope I will reach 100 points this year. That would be the first time in my career. It would be also cool to reach 20 goals. The best I have is 13. Even if I get a nice amount of assists, I think an offensive defender should score 20 or at least close to it.

We will see. Meanwhile, I will continue to shovel TPE into the bank. I reckon I will reach 1000 TPE this season, maybe. That will be a nice milestone, even if a big chunk of it is in the bank.