After It’s All Said and Done - Saskatoon S83 VHLM Draft Overview

Bulduray_1

It's time to drastically overhaul minor league hockey in North America -  SBNation.com

After It’s All Said and Done - Saskatoon S83 VHLM Draft Overview

Draft day is one of the most hectic days for the VHLM GM.  Scouting, reaching out to players and trade discussions are some of the many things a General Manager of the VHLM will have to face. But that’s not the biggest thing when it comes to draft day. It’s actually seeing and talking to the newly drafted recruits set to play on the ice to represent the Saskatoon Wild. Although there have been some bumps in the road, I’ve felt like the draft process went well for this team. 

Saskatoon was left with a tough position when it came to draft time. Having six draft picks the draft with their highest pick being a second-rounder. Although it could’ve been much worse (take Houston for example), you could see some glaring holes in the Saskatoon roster. But I feel like I’ve utilized the picks well, so without further ado, here comes the Draft Recap!

19th Overall: (G) Basileus Jute @Matt thunder

Coming in at 19th overall in the S83 VHLM Dispersal Draft, the Saskatoon Wild decided to select goaltender Basileus Jute. Although it might’ve seemed like a reach for a few, heading into this draft, there were very few trusted goaltenders in draft eligibility. To have a productive team, you need to have a productive goalie, which is one of the reasons why I decided to go ahead with the decision of picking Basileus Jute.

29th Overall: (LW) Boston @CanucksFan

At 29th overall, the Wild picked up Boston, an ex-Halifax player. Last season, he had limited offensive production with just 24 points in 72 games. But from our scouting department, we believe that this guy has the chance to become a breakout star. We’re very excited to see what this guy can do on the ice with us.

49th Overall: (D) Nicklas Jansson @MayorError

As the defensive lineup of Saskatoon still seemed to appear vacant coming up to our 49th overall pick, we’ve decided to take a chance on Nicklas Jansson. Jansson has a lot to prove coming into the league for his first time. He has a massive upside if he can tap into his potential as a defender.

59th Overall: (LW) Charlie Johnson @Camodude06

Coming in at 59th overall, Charlie Johnson was next up on Saskatoon’s list. He is also one of the first-year rookies drafted by Saskatoon. He possessed a raw natural talent in offensive capabilities and looks to transfer that to his very first VHLM season.

64th Overall: (RW) Ronaldono Ronaldono @ThomasSyster

Ronaldono had been a thorn in the side for many teams with his short-lived stay for the Miami Marauders last year. Racking up 33 points in 30 games played. Ronaldono had been a pleasant surprise for Miami, Saskatoon is hoping he can transfer his skill to Saskatoon where his team desperately needs him.

69th Overall: (D) Jack Hoe @jack_hoe

Ah yes, Jack Hoe. As the VHLM Draft was coming to a close, Saskatoon wanted to fill in another empty defensemen spot that they had. And this spot was used to bring Jack Hoe. Jack is another first-year player for the VHLM, Saskatoon has high hopes for this young defender. The skies are the limit for him if he keeps on working.

Overall, I’m pleased with the drafting that took place today. Although there are still some left-out spots in the Saskatoon roster, we hope to fill them out through Waivers/Free Agency. I’m looking forward to seeing what this team can do come next season!

Excellent article! Very good read! A picture, a title, very good spacing, sentence structure, paragraphing, and usage of sub-headings. Very good use of font size, Bold and Underlining in article to give readers an easier read. Perhaps could have included each player's TPA at time of being drafted to help strength each players' case and review. Perhaps could have extended each draftee's review a bit further by emphasizing why so and so was chosen as opposed to so and so who was available at that time (although not including this in the thought process is also very reasonable as that's a lot of private business and also a lot more work 😂) Great use of your draft picks, getting players to fill multiple positions. Love that your final pick was 69! :D Best of luck in S83! 10/10

Review: nice media spot Bulduray_1, really like this one.

I like how with a few wordrs and lines you showed us how your draft picks were actually really smart and you didn't pick players because you felt they would be great, something that is really useful in the VHLM.

In the end this media spot gets a solid 8 out of 10, not much to say about it, you did a great job summing up the draft night  for saskatoon and you did it in a great way, good job mate, keep it up!