My Random VHL Thoughts - S82 - Part 7 Actually

Fire Tortorella

• So apparently this is actually Part 7 - I skipped Part 6 last week - whoops!
  • Warsaw seems like we're going to be having a fun season and a fun locker room. I only half looked at the LR last season, but the locker room so far has been active with some conversation each day.
  • Hm, more VHL content....no controversies I think recently? None that I can think of.
  • Can the season start already? I know I hard on this every week but it's been forever since I've been in a competitive game.
  • If you could bring back any previous VHL member, who would it be? Leave a comment below. @Squidward if that counts as gone but if not it would be @Will or @Squinty
  • Here's another question - what is/was more important to league growth and the overall health of the league: Discord or the portal? My answer would be the portal - the ease of updating and actually getting your updates into the sim instantaneously is huge. For those who don't know, back in the day, your attributes in the sim would maybe be updated twice - sometimes at the trade deadline and always at the beginning of the playoffs. This was an entirely manual process and you had to double check everything.

55 minutes ago, Fire Fletcher said:
  • Here's another question - what is/was more important to league growth and the overall health of the league: Discord or the portal? My answer would be the portal - the ease of updating and actually getting your updates into the sim instantaneously is huge. For those who don't know, back in the day, your attributes in the sim would maybe be updated twice - sometimes at the trade deadline and always at the beginning of the playoffs. This was an entirely manual process and you had to double check everything.

For me definitely the portal, no questions.  I think there would have been a very small chance for me to stick around if it didn't already exist when I started.

Yeah I'd definitely say portal as well, lots of people wouldn't even be prepared to create their player manually I'm guessing, let alone continually update them. 

I'd have to go with Will as well and Smarch, although it's pretty surprising, maybe it's just when I joined but there's really not that many members who I've known well that are completely out of the league atm. There are certainly a few that are significantly less active, but the vast majority of the members I've known are still here in some capacity.