My VHL Draft Rankings (14th-16th)

adison

Today I am going to be looking back at the VHL draft and how I think it played out and which teams came out on top. When you think of the draft one of the first things that come to mind are prospects. But in the VHL prospects can mean someone that is going from VHLM to VHLE or in this case VHLM to VHL. With that being said when looking at the VHL Draft you have a mix of prospects and rookies.

1GrXoaL.png

16. New York Americans

Talk about a gamble. 12 picks in the draft. WOW! The Americans are focusing on their future but at what cost? I say a gamble because at the moment the Americans have 23 prospects on their roster. But when you look at their team you see 6 Forwards lead by the big man Jerome Reinhart. With only one Defender and one goalie. I think the Americans focused too much on the future in this draft and not enough on what their team looks like now. They are going to have to focus on FA's and try to grab players that are running out of contracts. Through all that I hope the gamble pays off. We will have to look back in 3 to 5 seasons.

ChicagoBar_8LY8jf9.png

15. Chicago Phoenix

Now the only reason that I am putting Chicago in 15th is the lack of picks that they had in this draft. Even though they did get Scotty Sundin with the 1st overall pick at 428 TPE I think it was a great pick. But when I think of the draft, the future is what comes to mind. With only 8 players on their roster and a total of 6 prospects. I think that Chicago is gonna have to rely on making trades in the future in order to get out of the funk that they had last season. Ending the season with a record of 6-61. Let's just say it wasn't pretty.

WarsawBar_YJyx3S3.png

14. Warsaw Predators

Warsaw is focused on S84. You can tell because most of their picks were traded for players that are on their roster right now. I like this approach because their roster is a bunch of good players. Not ones that are 1000 TPE but ones that are 850 - 400 TPE. Which creates a solid team. With their first pick in the draft they went with a solid pick in Sock Monkey.  I think Monkey is a great pick for the future. They were a great addition to my JST team since they are consistent earners and I think have a future in the VHL it just might take time. But that is what the Predators (sounds bad lol) don't have. They needed to focus on the now and that is what they were able to do in trading their picks away in the season for players that are going to help them in S84.

For now I will stop there and continue in another part coming soon. Hopefully you understand what I was thinking when ranking these teams. These are all my opinions and most likely are wrong. I might make changes but for now these are the 14 - 16 ranked teams on my list for the VHL in terms of how the Draft went.